HybridZ

No power to tach, whats the problem?

ihatejoefitz

I'm wiring my relay board. I've got a 1k-ohm 1/4 watt resistor that I've run between the +12V injector block and the TACH input per moby's sticky. After wiring it up, I put a test light on the TACH input and got nothing. When I pull the jumper wire with the resistor in it off the TACH terminal, the test light shows power, but as soon as I put it back on the TACH terminal it goes dead again. Is this normal?

Thanks for the response; I'm talking about the tach input on the relay board. I realized that spinning the distributor will cause a test light to flash when pointed to the spot indicated by the red dot on this diagram. I'm trying to set the initial timing and I still can't get the middle led to light on the MS unit. I have tested the unit with a stim on my desktop and all seems well. I have not been able to get a laptop connected to the unit while it's in the car.

testlight.jpg

I've connected my laptop to the controller while in the car and I get nothing. I've used the port checker and it told me MSnS_E 021s. I've activated 021s in MT and configured the embedded code parameter. When I have the stimulator hooked up, MT will only respond to a baud rate of 9600. Isn't MSnS_E supposed to be 115200? IDK, sounding familiar to anyone?