HybridZ

Motor Info For VG30ET Swap

91hbz

For starters for those of you who don't know what im doing; im swapping a Vg30et out of a 84 300zx into a 91 2wd hardbody. Ive gotten alot of info from you guys, yet im hear to pick away at your brain matter again. Ok ive seen some ways that people have mounted them in and if all else fails i will do the same but i just wanted to know if it would be possible to do it this way and if so what parts would i need to get.

Ok first lets just picture that the motor is a n/a vg30e. With the turbo out of the way would it be possible to move the driver side motor mount that is connected the the front of the block to the second set of holes. i was thinking that the n/a and possibly the turbo vg30 might have been used in some cars (front wheel drive) therefore requiring the motor mounts to be in a different location opposed to the rear wheel drive vehicles having them placed far out front. It appears that they would accept the mount, but if it were possible to do this would there be any problems with the driver side being in the middle of the block when the passanger side stays out front?

Ok next i believe it was a vg30 motor i was looking at but they were talking about a 200sx. Do the 200sx exhaust manifolds bolt right up on opposite sides of the vg30et block? What i was trying to accomplish by doing this is relocate the turbo from down bottom where (if motor mount mod works) the mount is to up top out of the way. So which manifolds would work to have the exhaust pointing forward on a vg30. i could have a flange welded in for the turbo or what not.

and lastly would running the crossover pipe around front cause any problems? Id like to do as little firewall bashing and fabbing as possible but if i could swing it around front that would give me a bit extra room at the fire wall.

Let me know what you think? YEA'S/NEA'S?

For sure you can swing the crossover pipe out front BUT flange adapters need to be made because the hole offsets change when swung around. Since your going to all that trouble you might as well just get a set of 200sx manifolds or truck manifolds since theyre the same up until 95 that is. Then point them forward and make your own center crossover pipe, that moves the turbo just in front of the engine between the radiator and engine. I have made adapters to do just this for a custom twin turbo setup I made for a friend utilizing 200sx manifolds and two subaru ihi turbos. Its a simple crude setup that gets the job done but the flanges are all cnc'ed out. Just not everyones a fan of log stgyle turbo systems persoanlly, I dont care just as long as it makes power.

Far as your mouints go and the above mentioned setup just run the stock v6 truck mounts and or pathy mounts. If you can locate a n/a v6 5speed from a 300zx and just swap the front case onto your current Ka 5speed. This will save you tons of fabrication work and it will handle more power than your BW WC t5(fs5r90a).

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

alright, the 200sx headers came off of what year and motor? also when you said adapter flange did you mean just for the turbo/crossover set up or will i need to make one for the header to block aswell? or will they bolt right up? also what gasket did you end up using?

also the v6 only came in pathys and excab hardbodys. mine is a single cab 2wd on the ka reg cab frame the driver side frame mount is set farther back than the passanger side. i haven't looked inside the bay of a v6 hardbody but on the pathy's with a v6 the frame mount and motor mount location is the same as the 300. So are you saying that the v6 hardbody frame and motor mount are set in the same spot as the ka, and all i have to do is get the mounts from one of them and bolt them to my motor and then to the frame?(with turbo out of way, of course). If that works then kewl but if that not the case, if you look at the driver side of the 300 block there are a set of holes towards the center of the block that is approx a quarter of an inch higher than the factory mount location, i was asking if with the turbo out of the way could i just move the 300 mount back to that set and bolt up?

take a look at your forth pic, the factory 300 mount bolts up to the front of the block near the timing belt. If you look at that pic towards the middle of the block you have a bolt stickin out of the side of the block. Would it be possible to relocate the mount or any other mount to that location to have it bolt directly to the frame?

also the v6 only came in pathys and excab hardbodys. mine is a single cab 2wd on the ka reg cab frame the driver side frame mount is set farther back than the passanger side. i haven't looked inside the bay of a v6 hardbody but on the pathy's with a v6 the frame mount and motor mount location is the same as the 300.

Untrue, the v6 was offered in all forms of the HB including std. cab 2wd, and 4x4. Although rare it was still an option and a damn good one. Yes, you can bolt the truck mounts to the 300 block in the stock KA location frame mounts. The adapter fanges I made helped space the turbo out and because one flange was offset when flipped and didnt line up with the holes on the head. Also, the 200sx with the vg was offered from 87-89 but thats irrelevant because the truck and pathy manifolds are the same. you wont have much luck finding a 200sx in the j-yard. peace.

ok so they made a reg cab with a v6? never heard of it, but i believe you. ok so since they did i can go to a dealership and get a set of v6 motor mounts from a v6 reg cab hardbody and bolt them to the 300 block and it should set right in with out the turbo on right. and just making sure, the ex manifolds bolt directly on to the block when flipped?

ok so they made a reg cab with a v6? never heard of it, but i believe you. ok so since they did i can go to a dealership and get a set of v6 motor mounts from a v6 reg cab hardbody and bolt them to the 300 block and it should set right in with out the turbo on right. and just making sure, the ex manifolds bolt directly on to the block when flipped?

you need a set of adapters in oreder to flip the drivers side manifold because the front lower exhaust stud ho.e doesnt line up at all, theres no provision there. I however have adapters made already so you can do this, if you want I will make a crossover pipe for you and the adapters in trade for that 300zx rear end. I will even test fit for ya so you can see how it will work. Yes the motor mounts will bolt the vg right in no problem but you will also need a pathy alternator mount because its going to be relocated to the drivers side, otherwise the passenger mount interferes. peace.

The V6 was only available in the regular cabs in the first year as an SE-V6 model. I believe after that, you could only get it with a long bed or 4WD for a couple years. After that, it was no longer available in the regular cab.

Doesn't matter what cab the truck has. Just ask for the motor mounts from a V6 Hardbody or Pathfinder. The trucks are exactly the same from the dash forward.

I know people think it wasnt available in the regular cab BUT it was I know 3-4 people on nissan customs who have them and theyre very rare. Yes you're correct about the early versions though I believe the long bed was available through the whole line up until like 93? peace.

ok so now i am second guessing myself. i could have sworn the front frame of a v6 pathy (the actual frame), mounts were both the same lenghth from the front of the engine bay. were as in my 2wd i4 hardbody, the driver side is some 4"-6" further back. Ok so are the i4 frames the same as a v6 frame between both the hb and pathy? or is the v6 hardbody frame different than the i4 frame? i thought i had it all figured out but now im not so sure. im confused. i think ima just start it and say what the hell ever, it'll go in there one way or another. lol. thnx for the input thou.