HybridZ

recaro's are IN! pics

janaka

These pictures may, or may not help, they are shot while the Recaros are installed in the car. It was hard to get a good shot. These are modified 510 seat rails. They are flat and do not raise the seats from the stock height and allow for the fore/aft adjustment to work. However the knob for micro tilt of the seat back does hit the transmission tunnel when it is moved back beyond were I use them, and I am 5 ft.8 in. tall. They would most likly work fine up to 5 ft. 10 in. tall, after that you would need to break out the hammer. The seats provide amazing comfort and support. I am now offically spoiled and I do not care to sit in anything else.

What kind of Recaro's are those. I really like them! Also, did the stock 240z rails not work with them then and that's why you went to the 510 seat rails?

What kind of Recaro's are those. I really like them! Also, did the stock 240z rails not work with them then and that's why you went to the 510 seat rails?

The Recaros are XR, I think or XL models, custom ulpolstered. They came as an option in BMW M3s in the late 1980s. Comfort and style is second to none. There are probally full race seats that are more supportive but you may not want to be in them for hours on end.

Yes, the 240Z seat rails are to tall. The sitting section of the Recaro seat is thicker than the sitting section of a stock 240Z seat. So, in order to keep the Recaros near the stock seat height the mounting rails needs to be lower than the stock 240Z seat rails. The 510 rails are flat.