HybridZ

Who Daily Drives their s30

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I had my z cars, I drove them as my DD every day for about 6 years. If your AC works, and your heat works, they are not bad daily drivers. I would take yearly trips to/from school of about 1000 miles. I had several fairly decent accidents, and came through them ok. I ended up finding the clutch effort pretty annoying when I moved to LA and dealing with traffic. But in a semi-rural environment, a Z is a great DD.

I will chime in about the exhaust fumes.

Me and a bunch of my friends all had Zs, and we all had problems with the fumes. Some more than others, depending on the tune of the car, how well their tail-lights were sealed, etc. But after some testing, and observations, we also came to the conclusion that there was a low-pressure area at the back of the car. A bubble of swirling turbulence, that kept the exhaust stuck to the back of the car. So there isn't a ton you can do about it, except seal everything the best you can, and maybe try that experiment of angling your tailpipe out to the side of the car somehow...

you dont know the half of it (montana :( )

Its pretty solid in snow, but ice, forget about it, expect 3rd gear clutch feathering starts

To top it off, I just moved here and I have never driven in snow! Closest I got was driving my 240sx in heavy rain with bald tires. I am cautious however so I will live. hopefully....

you dont know the half of it (montana :( )

Its pretty solid in snow, but ice, forget about it, expect 3rd gear clutch feathering starts

A Z is no worse than any other rwd car.

And I never use 3rd gear starts at winter.

But,the Z is more fun to drive in snow than many other rwd cars!

Driving sideways, and almost sitting on the rear tires is different, and fun.

I used my 280Z at some trackdays on ice,

and because I had really good wintertires, I even passed some 4wd cars.

A Z is no worse than any other rwd car.

And I never use 3rd gear starts at winter.

But,the Z is more fun to drive in snow than many other rwd cars!

Driving sideways, and almost sitting on the rear tires is different, and fun.

I used my 280Z at some trackdays on ice,

and because I had really good wintertires, I even passed some 4wd cars.

I put some snow tires on and its good, its just the frozen slush and raw black Ice that require the higher gear starts. mostly the only cars you see in the ditches are suv's trucks subarus and some mini vans lol.

I put some snow tires on and its good, its just the frozen slush and raw black Ice that require the higher gear starts. mostly the only cars you see in the ditches are suv's trucks subarus and some mini vans lol.

LOL Subaru's because almost every teen with even a standard wrx thinks they are the next rally driver hahahaha:icon56:

I'm about to get a '78 280z to replace my current DD.

'03 Lancer with 43k. This is probably going to be a terrible idea.

Wish me luck :]

Are you a masochist? Heh, You'll probably be just fine.

You're in Dallas, it doesn't snow much there or pour rain 8-10 months out of the year. You should be better of than me with my DD.

Are you a masochist? Heh, You'll probably be just fine.

You're in Dallas, it doesn't snow much there or pour rain 8-10 months out of the year. You should be better of than me with my DD.

I think we had 5 days of rain for 3 months?

and we get about a week of snow every year.

Nature's on my side, now it's up to Datsun.:cool:

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...