HybridZ

Who Daily Drives their s30

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

It rained hardcore last night. I took the Jeep to work. This new car WILL NOT see rain.

Unless it's a race day B)

I finally have one that is not trying to oxidise its way into oblivion while I'm trying not to eat cones.

I hear you haha. It's been raining this week and I hate driving the Z in it. :(

I've been DD my 260Z for almost two weeks now.

Fumes and exhaust note make me light headed

and dizzy if I drive it for more than 15 min at a time lol.

But over all its a good car, I have a list of issues

I have to fix (brakes, leaking fuel pump, locks, etc.)

But they haven't stopped me from driving it to

work (two blocks away)

school (2 miles away)

post-11679-082616400 1287683724_thumb.jpg

post-11679-078869000 1287683775_thumb.jpg

post-11679-008838900 1287683841_thumb.jpg

I dd my 1990 300zx NA 2+2. I did, however drive my 280z up from the bay to Burke at night in the last major rainstorm 3 or so weeks ago. Hitting standing water going 70 stripped the ducttape covering the drain plug holes in the floorpan and gave me a bath as well as scaring the crap out of me.

Ok...so I can't be in this thread anymore lol. Bought a new Kia Soul. The Z is going to chill at the parentals house (1.5 hours away) until I graduate next semester ;)

I got to see a Kia soul at the Denver International Auto show, Pretty comfortable and also pretty cool, Have fun with it, tell us what you think of it sometime.

The only car I own is my 240z. Love it and drive it usually one or two times a week. A friend of mine recently got a hold of a new Impreza STI so we have been driving out in the mountains for fun as of late.

An old Z may not suit many people as a driver but I enjoy it. Maybe I just haven't had the privilege of driving a new car =p

The only car I own is my 240z. Love it and drive it usually one or two times a week. A friend of mine recently got a hold of a new Impreza STI so we have been driving out in the mountains for fun as of late.

An old Z may not suit many people as a driver but I enjoy it. Maybe I just haven't had the privilege of driving a new car =p

I wouldn't have been able to do it w/o my parent's help. They pitched some money as part of an early graduation present and the rest I'm paying off. I loved driving the Z, and miss it a LOT, but I just couldn't afford the gas anymore and I didn't want to throw any money into an engine that I'm ultimately going to pull.

I got to see a Kia soul at the Denver International Auto show, Pretty comfortable and also pretty cool, Have fun with it, tell us what you think of it sometime.

I love it. The 2.0 has plenty of pep, the build quality is very tight-feeling, and you can't beat the warranty. The upgraded stereo is awesome and it helps that it's a 5-speed! ;)

• 1 year later...

I'm posting here in honor of "resurrection Sunday", haha. Not really, just a funny coincidence.

So my s30 hasn't really been driven since I received my last 81 for free. Surprise... Well now with yet another car in the stable and a kiddo on the way I'm planning to sell my s130 and use the cash to get the s30 back on the road as a summer DD. Gutted doors, no bumpers, no dash, no heat, no AC. Just the way I like a s30 to be. When I WAS daily driving it, it wasn't much more street friendly but the main reason it got parked was an OEM efi that was running as well as a school girl in gym class the first day of school after growing 3 inches over the summer.

So, ms2 + seats and some other odds and ends and I'll be in the s30 again rocking it hardcore. And because I live in the valley now, a "summer" dd means 9 months of the year with some off and on during a couple storms on the end months. :-)

• 3 weeks later...