HybridZ

Who Daily Drives their s30

• Administrators
Anyone can roll off the lot with that new e30 POS. Noone else around here has this S**T.

"New"? They're 20 years old. If you don't know what something is, how can you have an opinion? Further, this forum promotes diversity. Get used to it.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pretty much DD my car to school, work, and anywhere on the weekends. I love it. It's super reliable and a blast to drive. I just got power locks and finally finished up my B*TCHIN stereo which makes the ride that much better. Plus I am REALLY glad I put fatmat and fiberglass foam insulation throughout the entire car. You can really tell the way it helps just by how hard the speakers hit. Plus I love how my brother is jealous that my 1971 datsun has no rattling in the cabin whatsoever when his 03 mini cooper s rattles every other place. Even though the struts are shot, the rear springs are coil bound up to 3 springs, and the ride is pretty bad, it's still a blast to drive. But all that will change soon. Complete suspension restoration starts next weekend. :-)

"New"? They're 20 years old. If you don't know what something is, how can you have an opinion? Further, this forum promotes diversity. Get used to it.

ooohh. didn't mean to ruffle your feathers Ron.

Not like I was taking a poke at you or anything.

I just thought this was a "Z" car forum.

I guess what they say is true.

want to piss off a Chevy guy drive a Mustang.

want to piss off a Ford guy drive a Camaro

Want to piss everyone off drive a pos bimmer.

newly added: Want to piss off a Bimmer guy tell him it's a POS.

OH, and I can have an opinion on whatever I want as you can.

So Lighten Up.

IMO a Bimmer is a ___ well you know what I was going to say.

I say this because I DO daily drive my s30. ha ha

Seems like people here are a bit tooo tightly laced.

loosen up. drink a beer.take a pill. it's just a car.

ooohh. didn't mean to ruffle your feathers Ron.

I just thought this was a "Z" car forum.

I guess what they say is true.

want to piss off a Chevy guy drive a Mustang.

want to piss off a Ford guy drive a Camaro

Want to piss everyone off drive a pos bimmer.

newly added: Want to piss off a Bimmer guy tell him it's a POS.

OH, and I can have an opinion on whatever I want as you can.

So Lighten Up.

IMO a Bimmer is a ___ well you know what I was going to say. ha ha

it may be a z forum, but if you've noticed, we don't have loyalties to anyone here. People are swapping all kinds of parts from all kinds of cars into their Datsuns. what u like is what u like. thats great that you dont like bimmers. but i happen to. is that ok with u?:rolleyesg

and btw thats not what my sig says. u added the pos part. Im not gona switch the subject but i will end by saying this. Hybridz respects other peoples preferences, so should u. So lighten up ur posts a little. You can say it in a different (less negative/offensive way).

Since when did I say that it was not OK for someone else to like something?

I simply said that I don't. is that OK with you?:roll: jeeezzzzzzzz

Ok. I didn't rob your sig. That's been an old joke for years. key word here "JOKE" look it up:razz:

but seriously. I am sure that BMW doesn't call themselves "the ultimate driving machine" for nothing. and they are the pioneers of the hydrogen based powerplant. kuddos.

Just not my thing. less offensive enough?

OK for you tho. just had to add that so that no one thinks that I am telling them not to like it.

I do know this 1 guy that I met in 3rd grade. I don't like him. so none of you guys can either or we're not friends.:D

take it lite.

peace

but seriously. I am sure that BMW doesn't call themselves "the ultimate driving machine" for nothing. and they are the pioneers of the hydrogen based powerplant. kuddos.

Just not my thing. less offensive enough?

thanks. see that wasn't too hard now was it?

back on topic, although i had been driving the 280z as a daily before, i might not after im done with the swap. I think i will just keep it as a weekend warrior and get a 240z as a DD instead.

or maybe an e30 3 series. :D

My first Z was a 77 280z, freakin mint with nice paint and wheels. Anyways it was a mild stroker with factory fuel injection running it. I put 10k miles on it in a year, only problem I had was the temp. sensor went out. As far as the fumes, well buy new tail light seals, hatch seal, extend the tip out some, I had no problems with mine. I also spent some money and put a new AC compressor on mine and recharged it. That AC would freeze you out of the car and the heat would make you sweat, damn why did I sale that car!

For the past 2 years I drove an 87 z31t and put 15k miles on it, good car and didn't give to much trouble. Had to put main bearings in it but that was a one in a million bad luck that happened to me and no one else I have ever heard of.

Talking about your car is nice, but it's nothing like stomping on the loud pedal. You drive the car, you fix the car. I have over 200,000 miles behind the wheel of a Z, stock and hybrid. they have bailed me out of many pilot errors. How many have in your Z wishing you were in your econocruiser. There 30 years old,they need work. Hybrids are a blackhole of time and money. If I have anywhere to go and theres a Z in the driveway that's the car i'll take.

I have never even driven a S30, and I have one. I drove a Z31 before, not mine though. My DD is a 1998 Audi A4. I feel like I already skipped the youthful stage, got myself a nice cruiser. So my 240 is going to be harsh as hell, and hopefully scary fast. Maybe that will kick me back into the stage of my life where I belong. Still years away though. Body work is about done (finishing tonight) and it's going to be primered hopefully within the month. I envy those of you who have a good running S30

I got my S30 back in May this year. It had been sitting in a garage and driven once every 3 months, for over 18 years. The car has been redone . . New engine ( SR20DET ) and new suspension ( HP's Eibach springs, MSA Sways, F&R strut bars.) and soon to be new paint job ( RSX Gunmetal with black racing stripes down the center ). I have daily driven this thing ever since I had the SR installed. Haven't had a single problem with the car engine wise. I must say though, I really need to get the chassis stiffened, because with the HP and TQ I'll be putting down soon, I'm worried the frame might bend here or there without reinforcement.