HybridZ

Header swap and Motor mount info needed on vg30

91hbz

Put a new title for less confusion, sry. For starters for those of you who don't know what im doing; im swapping a Vg30et out of a 84 300zx into a 91 2wd hardbody. Ive gotten alot of info from you guys, yet im hear to pick away at your brain matter again. Ok ive seen some ways that people have mounted them in and if all else fails i will do the same but i just wanted to know if it would be possible to do it this way and if so what parts would i need to get.

Ok first lets just picture that the motor is a n/a vg30e. With the turbo out of the way would it be possible to move the driver side motor mount that is connected the the front of the block to the second set of holes. i was thinking that the n/a and possibly the turbo vg30 might have been used in some cars (front wheel drive) therefore requiring the motor mounts to be in a different location opposed to the rear wheel drive vehicles having them placed far out front. It appears that they would accept the mount, but if it were possible to do this would there be any problems with the driver side being in the middle of the block when the passanger side stays out front?

Ok next i believe it was a vg30 motor i was looking at but they were talking about a 200sx. Do the 200sx exhaust manifolds bolt right up on opposite sides of the vg30et block? What i was trying to accomplish by doing this is relocate the turbo from down bottom where (if motor mount mod works) the mount is to up top out of the way. So which manifolds would work to have the exhaust pointing forward on a vg30. i could have a flange welded in for the turbo or what not.

and lastly would running the crossover pipe around front cause any problems? Id like to do as little firewall bashing and fabbing as possible but if i could swing it around front that would give me a bit extra room at the fire wall.

Let me know what you think? YEA'S/NEA'S?

Put a new title for less confusion, sry. For starters for those of you who don't know what im doing; im swapping a Vg30et out of a 84 300zx into a 91 2wd hardbody. Ive gotten alot of info from you guys, yet im hear to pick away at your brain matter again. Ok ive seen some ways that people have mounted them in and if all else fails i will do the same but i just wanted to know if it would be possible to do it this way and if so what parts would i need to get.

Ok first lets just picture that the motor is a n/a vg30e. With the turbo out of the way would it be possible to move the driver side motor mount that is connected the the front of the block to the second set of holes. i was thinking that the n/a and possibly the turbo vg30 might have been used in some cars (front wheel drive) therefore requiring the motor mounts to be in a different location opposed to the rear wheel drive vehicles having them placed far out front. It appears that they would accept the mount, but if it were possible to do this would there be any problems with the driver side being in the middle of the block when the passanger side stays out front?

Ok next i believe it was a vg30 motor i was looking at but they were talking about a 200sx. Do the 200sx exhaust manifolds bolt right up on opposite sides of the vg30et block? What i was trying to accomplish by doing this is relocate the turbo from down bottom where (if motor mount mod works) the mount is to up top out of the way. So which manifolds would work to have the exhaust pointing forward on a vg30. i could have a flange welded in for the turbo or what not.

and lastly would running the crossover pipe around front cause any problems? Id like to do as little firewall bashing and fabbing as possible but if i could swing it around front that would give me a bit extra room at the fire wall.

Let me know what you think? YEA'S/NEA'S?

First, Are you sure there isn't room for the crossover pipe between the engine and firewall? I know the engine bay is fairly large. The V6 is about the same length as the I4, and there is plenty of room in there for the KA.

Running the crossover pipe in front of the engine will be annoying. Look at all the accessory belts and the fan that will be up there. You'd be better off making it fit behind or under the motor.

• 2 months later...

it's been years ago and my memory might be suspect but I seem to recall my 90 hardbody SEV6 had a crosover pipe, perhaps I'm wrong it's been years back

as for the egnine mounts, the turbo z31 moves the drivers side mount forward to allow for the turbo to sit where the mount would be on the n/a, so staggering the mounts is fine, nissan did it too