HybridZ

6 speed gearbox Question

Guest ecKo.

using a Lexus V8 VVTI

and would like to know

is there 2 different ways you can have the gear shifter on the box,

i want to have it where the black cover is.Just woundering if the box came out in another type of can and there is a standard bolt in sifter any help would be real good

Does anyone know much about it and would know where to get the shifter from?

Thanks icon_smile.gif

blackcoverSmall_thumb.jpg

What transmission are you using, I didn't know toyota was making 6-speed standard tranny except the getrag in the supra!

its a 350z gear box guy i brought it off said 2006

I have a Z32 trans in my car and was hoping that i could put a shifter in place of that cover. Long story short, I couldn't and i would bet that you can't either or at least not easily. What i did was shorten all the external shift linkage to make it fit into my car.

Brandon

I have a Z32 trans in my car and was hoping that i could put a shifter in place of that cover. Long story short, I couldn't and i would bet that you can't either or at least not easily. What i did was shorten all the external shift linkage to make it fit into my car.

Brandon

yea was just seeing if any1 had made one before or if something standard bolted in

how did you go about hooking a speed to that box i cant seem to see a pick up for a speedo on the box

• 2 weeks later...
If you want a shifter where the plate is, use the pathfinder stuff.

I'm building a L28et in a infinity M30 and are using the shiftter coming out of the cover.

Who needs a short shifter when you can have a long shifter and be really cool?

pathfinder stuff? im very new to the nissan seen been a toyota nut for few years is this what you have used on your box got any pics

was going to fab someing up but you may have a better way for me to try