HybridZ

still waiting on parts from Modern Motorsports

sd240z

Ordered companion flanges and paid by Paypal on 9-13-07 $423.07. Still haven't received the part.

I had a thread started by I guess it got deleted, hopefully this one won't. I understand he puts out quality products and he will deliver on his own time. I don't understand why he chooses to ignore my emails, PM's. I just would like to know when the part will be shipped....nothing more.

Ordered companion flanges and paid by Paypal on 9-13-07 $423.07. Still haven't received the part.

I had a thread started by I guess it got deleted, hopefully this one won't. I understand he puts out quality products and he will deliver on his own time. I don't understand why he chooses to ignore my emails, PM's. I just would like to know when the part will be shipped....nothing more.

You may have messed up on the order. It is possible to send him money via PayPal but not actually order the parts. It just happened to me.

I emailed him about it and everything got taken care of and they shipped the next day.

To be fair I've never heard anyone report that they didn't receive what they purchased from Modern Motorsports...eventually. If you have the time to wait, he has good quality parts.

On the bad side there have been quite a few threads over the years of people trying to get in contact with Ross without hearing anything back for weeks at a time.

So caveat emptor "let the buyer beware". I wish this information was more readily available for people making purchases on his site, but it's not. There is no phone number and your dealing with someone that is doing this as a "side" business.

Sd240z, this probably doesn't help you since you already made your purchase and want to know when your going to receive it. Personally I would only purchase from Modern Motorsports if they are the only available option. I enjoy being able to call and talk with someone regarding my order, or at least being able to send an email and receive a response within a reasonable amount of time.

I don't understand why he chooses to ignore my emails, PM's. I just would like to know when the part will be shipped....nothing more.

Robert, we've emailed yourself on the 11th and lastly the 26th when we sent hardware as our US side was short. No idea on email issue but we appreciate your simple factual requests posted here.

The order did get dropped and our apologies on that. Lastly it should have shipped the 26th before myself and US associate left for SEMA. It was supposed to go overnight so obviously this didn't happen. So either it went ground with rest of that week's wrapups or didn't make it pre SEMA. With fall builds in full swing 13 orders went that last business day pre SEMA with yours the only hiccup, but unfortunately its still a hiccup. You'll have them Thursday latest. I thought this was done till the thread was referred to me thankfully by a customer.

We do typically fill all orders timely but some mistakes do occur which we regret and continue to work on minimizing.

To be fair .....he has good quality parts.

On the bad side there have been.. ..threads over the years of people trying to get in contact with Ross without hearing anything back..

Bart Z, not sure who you're speaking for. I did a history check on your file and see you received your two orders on your door within 2 weeks of order date and responses to all your emails :hs:. If you want a direct dialogue feel free to drop us a line.

Not saying we're perfect, we don't hit 100% although we continue to work towards that goal. But certainly well into the 90's on fulfillment.

It's unfortunate mistakes occur and sometimes responses to inquiries are delayed but it does occur. We try to get timely responses to all quickly and typically hit the mark but alas not always. Naturally those that haven't heard from us will want to utilize any means available to raise our attention which is entirely appropriate. Today's internet's not without flaws and emails drop going either way which isn't to anyone's benefit.

The effort for Modern Motorsports Ltd. is not 'side' business, it's full time effort no question and I pull all stops I can to guarantee product design, quality, availability and order fulfillment for the specific build needs of the customer. We do frequently talk by phone to customers on very unique builds/aspects. Vast majority of our inquiries are easily answered by email. Stub axle strengths/CV strengths/suspension & brake benefits etc do not have to be complicated and can be conveyed and digested handily via email we're told continually in our customer feedback. Both new and repeat customers and install shops very pleased with the ease of install and package results is home runs for us. We ARE working to improve our online info to aid the webshop/research process greatly for our customers with respect to all our packages.

We deal with international customers of many time zones routinely and are not staffed for full time phone presence at this time. As such it's been very functional to date and we appreciate the usual respect we get from our customers for our communication methods. It's all integral to our continuing to provide our growing unique product base for our customers that creates their unique modern experiences and opportunities with their Z's.

Things did get hectic with SEMA last week but we're catching up with yesterday first day back in the swing. Don't be shy if you want to fire us an enquiry or reminder:D

Cheers and thanks for the continued support of both hybridz and our customer base (often one and the same)!

Ross Corrigan

• Administrators

Just want to throw this out there for everyone.

My wife has an internet based business and I can say that without a doubt, email is the absolute WORST form of communication between a business and a customer.

I have no idea how many customers we have pissed off because they say that they “emailed you several times and never got a response”

We never got the email or sometimes when we reply they never get our response.

Firewalls, spam filter etc, etc, etc.

We make our business phone number available everywhere we can.

Dan

I have a few tings to say....

Ross I have bought from you myself and got my parts within 2 weeks and I was happy with that. On the same side my roommate while I was in school a few months ago waited weeks for flanges. Track record here on HBZ to me doesn't show 90%+ on getting items to everyone with "reasonable" time. I define "resonable" time 2 weeks top after taking money for a product. You say this is not a "side" busn, therefor there should be some type of contact number. If it will be ran as an internet based busn, there should be sometime frame that emails are responded to. It is kinda like me selling my stuff on Ebay and not being sure if I have it ready....I take paypal payments.....wait 2-3 weeks to let someone know I am all out...and let them know It will be in next week and I will ship ASAP. You have never come across as the type at all to "steal" payments or not come through with a product. Most people here like myself get nervous spending over $500 or any amount of money and not hearing anything at all. We all know we will get the parts BUT when? Common thought around here and I only speak for the people I know and I have seen posted it is...if you want something from Ross...plan waaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead.

So what am I trying to say....great products...would I buy from you again? Yes. Could there be improvements on your end? Yes and I feel these threads are meant to help your busn with direct feedback from us who buy from you. I like the fact that you do respond to these threads and thoughts/ideas are exchanged.

Ross, I'm happy to see you posting to this thread and glad to hear your trying to correct your communication issues. I have received all my orders, but I did not receive responses to all my emails. Things happen, so hey they could have gotten lost.

I post and check threads on HybridZ and there has been many threads of people trying to get in contact with Modern Motorsports. Here's just a small sampling of some "Where's Ross" threads:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=84793

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=114098

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=122296

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=112754

• 3 weeks later...

I am actually on the same journey and was going to post a thread on "Where's Ross?" Ordered stuff two items from him about two weeks ago and I dont think it got processed. Didn't see the order history on my account. The money did get pull from my credit card though. No return emails either.

In Ross's defence, everything ordered in the automotive aftermarket industry 1 week before, the week during, or the week after SEMA is generally delayed. Thats just the way it is. My usual spring vendor (H&R) who can get me stuff next day generally, took 2 weeks to ship my springs...I ordered them about 3 days before SEMA. Everyone in the automotive aftermarket is running on a skeleton crew the week of SEMA, and is generally slammed the week before and recovering the week after. (except our company of course, because I stay home to hold down the fort).

Now that that has been said....

I have made 2 relatively large purchases from Ross in the last year, and while his product is exceptional, his customer service is lacking. (I'm not talking trash, look at this as constructive critisim)

Communication is rare. Purchasing through the website is guesswork...because both times I did it, there was no checkout that actually prompted me to pay him...I just got an email a few days later, which looked liked either an invoice or a receipt. I saw the amount and sent paypal to whatever address the email came from, and didn't hear anything from ross for 2 weeks. No "we received your payment", no "we will ship your parts on XX day"....nothing....until a little over 2 weeks later, I got a phone call from someone associated with Ross who let me in on the shipping arrangements.

As someone who has spent his whole professional life in the automotive aftermarket, I can tell you that the product you sell doesn't mean jack. Customer service is what wins the hearts of customers. Regardless of whether or not its warranted, everyone involved in any situation should be on the same page as to what is happening, and if they are, everyone will be happy. I always found myself in the dark as to what was happening with my transactions with Ross. I have also read more than a few threads like this one....wondering what happened regarding the order that they placed X weeks ago.

I know Ross claims to have emailed people back several times, and the customers never received the emails. I have NO spam filter on my email, it just dumps the questionable stuff into a "junk" box, which I go through every day to make sure nothing important slipped through....never an email from Ross. Oh, and I had no problem receiving the one telling me how much I owed him, so why should there be a problem with me recieving the others......something doesn't jive here.

Ross makes (sells) some of the best Z car parts out there, and as Z car owners, our selection is rather limited, but if communication were ramped up a bit, Modern Motorsports would be "that awesome vendor with kickass parts" instead of "The guy you can't get ahold of that will send you kickass parts at his convenience".

I am actually on the same journey and was going to post a thread on "Where's Ross?" Ordered stuff two items from him about two weeks ago and I dont think it got processed. Didn't see the order history on my account. The money did get pull from my credit card though. No return emails either.

Thangh, our only email from you was this past Fri. afternoon only hours after I left for an anniversary weekend (safety hazard to miss if you don't know ! :mrgreen: ). just sent you an email requesting you finish your webshop order in our shop so we have the proper record. Our 'away' email went to you indicating we were back on Monday after only a weekend away. No order meant no record for us. Emails always welcome and your Friday aft email's been responded to.

__

Firstly - thanks for all the feedbacks, they are taken as constructive and certainly welcome. Others 'lurking' and/or wanting to email privately please do so which we welcome. Inputs helps us appraise our practices and make changes necessary as we carry on.

SD240Z - glad you got your parts a day or two after our posting, any other queries let us know. (I didn't receive a response to our email of the 7th)

Superdan - it is the most challenging method bar none and isn't for all to express clearly.

Bartman - glad your packages were fine. If you've read the threads spanning a few years you linked to, I posted on all or most of those in the past and they had some good info.

EvilC - yes we were caught as surprised as any last spring with a delayed miscount by billet supplier on axle and Z31 billet stock fresh to go. Wasn't fun for anyone and we sorted ASAP. No accounting offers forthcoming to yourself for your own math method :) Rest of the tips appreciated as we progress.

lbhsbZ - thanks for the feedback. I see you received both orders within 9 days of payment. I also see more email replies could have been sent from ourselves such as 'sent' etc. It's always easier to facilitate 10 orders shipping than 4 or 5 with emails to customers. It's never ignorance and I don't make 'claims' as you suggest, I'm an engineer first and marketer last if it's not obvious so 'spin' is not in my skillset. Efforts to shift are always ongoing. My engineering side chooses the backend functions first (everything to get an order out etc/stock on hand prepped) but I need to address the front side more so as well. Some measures incoming will make this a LOT easier (single click to update on running order comments etc via email notification for just one example). (with some US vendors I've found SEMA prep/show/recovery leads right thru Thanksgiving almost, thankfully most are pretty good)

Thanks again all, we'll keep kicking it to step further to lbhsbZ

"Modern Motorsports would be "that awesome vendor with kickass parts"