HybridZ

water pump compatability problems..

premo-s12

here's the deal. i have an 87 nissan 200sx. the 302 and trans is mounted. i have limited space. i had a 95 GT for a parts car but with a bad motor. i bought a long block for an 88 GT.

so here's my parts list:

88 gt stang long block

front sump oil pan

front sump timing chain cover

edlebrock 4bbl intake mani

mac shorty headers

95 gt stang accessories + brackets

95 gt stang crank pulley

now, you might already know the water pump is NOT compatable with the front sump timing chain cover. the only water pumps i could find have hella long shafts and wont work. my question is this, what water pump will bolt onto a front sump timing chain cover but give me a low rise (which is key as i have limited space) that will work w/my 95 GT stang accessories and crank pulley?

thanks in advance

Ford sells part #M-8501-D50, 1 1/2" shorter than the stock pump, and it's a direct fit on the 5.0 timing cover. They also sell part# M-8501-A50 for the older 289/302/351 which is a new timing cover with the D50 pump which makes the pump sit back 1 3/4" further back than the stock pumps on those engines. These are all listed in the Ford Power Parts catalog, might have to download the full catalog to find it, not sure if it's in their online html version or not. You might also need part# 8509-M which is the 3 piece pully kit, waterpump, crank, and alt pulley. Hope this heps.