HybridZ

Ford V8 Conversion Writeup

Z8driver

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solar, wish I had known it was just a 7 / 9 series, as I just bought a stock Z rad a week before your post. Thanks though. Do you know for sure about the outlet locations?

ANOTHER FORD SWAP DOCUMENTED:

http://zhome.com/rnt/FordPower/

Not good if you like pics, but more 5.0 documentation nonetheless. FYI, if you're on the Zhome page and are annoyed that they made it a 'framed' webpage where you are always on the same 'home page' at the top, right click the particular page you're on and choose 'This Frame' --> 'Show only this page'. Now you can post links and save pages as bookmarks from this site and other 'Framed' websites.

• 5 months later...

Hey there,

Im really interested in doing this swap, but a few things are holding me back. I saw u did it with a 240z, the vehicle that i have is an 82 280zx. It has the t5 in it already, but i may swap it to an AODe and a ratchet shift. What all diferences are there between the 2 vehicles. And what other fabrication will i have to do to ensure making everything fit.

Any other help will be appreciated, and as soon as i get enough money to start the build ill get some pictures going.

Thank you!

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...