HybridZ

Motherload of nissan photos

nbesheer

That's a great find, thanks!

Highlight of my day seeing those rally S30's

When the hell is someone on this forum going to make a rally S30!!!!

I'm building my Z to rally spec. It's not going to look like a works car though. I'm going to post up some project pictures soon.

i think im losing my mind, did i just see a rally z31?

You didn't lose your mind... :) There were rally Z31s, as well as S12 hatchbacks with VG30E engines. Even Toyota turned the huge Supra into a rally car - they went to Safari with their 7M-GE and 7M-GTE powered MA70s.

i am fortunate enough to have toured the 'dream garage' that nissan used to have in a secret warehouse in cali. this was about 4 years ago and before they moved to tennessee. the cali facility is a small taste of this cache! absolutely amazing and too bad they don't open it to the public.

I have friend who can get me in the Zama site all I have to do is get back to Japan. I am planning a trip in the near future. The part that really gets me is that I lived there for 3 years, I drove by that warehouse many times when I was up in that area and I never know those cars were in there. After I saw Alan's photos several months ago, I asked my buddy about it and he so casual about it, thinking that I would not be interested in going. This is my Nissan Mecca, I shall have a pilgrimage to it soon. Great photos.

That's the Prince R380-II, a prototype racecar, not a Dino or Carrera clone... I'm sure that Alan (HS30-H) could say a lot about it. :)

Wasn't sure what to call it, just knew what it looked similar to. Looks similar to some of the Ferrari P-series cars, as well(P standing for prototype, of course).

Looks as if it's halfway through a resto, no interior and the paint's not buffed out.