HybridZ

Ok.. 6.0 this time

Was looking over my 5.3 decision thread, and people are telling me to use the 6.0 truck blocks.

This is the LQ4 correct? Could I use the LS1 heads on this without any conflict? What about wiring on the LQ4, basically the same as an LS1? My buddy got an HPtuners tuner, I was also wondering if that would work ok on a setup like this since everything is different..

Just trying to get an idea of a package put together before I go spending money. :wink:

Yes the ls1 head mount on to the lq4. The LQ4 is a ls1 with a bigger bore (4 inches) As for Hp tuner it depends on year make and model that he has hptuners for usually vehicle specific . The 6.0 or Lq4 is the best bang for your buck if u can tale an extra 80 pounds over an ls1 and make well over 500 horses with a cam swap and the l92 heads. but that just my 10 cents

Was looking over my 5.3 decision thread, and people are telling me to use the 6.0 truck blocks.

This is the LQ4 correct? Could I use the LS1 heads on this without any conflict? What about wiring on the LQ4, basically the same as an LS1? My buddy got an HPtuners tuner, I was also wondering if that would work ok on a setup like this since everything is different..

Just trying to get an idea of a package put together before I go spending money. :wink:

I guess the 01+ engines have aluminum heads, so that would be a good deal. I could always upgrade to The L92 heads.

Which wiring harness would be easier to use, one from an LS1 car or the LQ4 truck harness...

The HPTuners tuner he has says it will tune almost all GM vehicles, including diesels, and all LS based engines, just didnt know if that would include the LQ4.

Im workin on a budget though.. Motor and tranny is only going to be around 2800. Already have all the stuff like motor mounts and headers..

Not really looking to blow the rest of my engine budget on a wiring harness just to skip a couple steps.

I just would think that there would be a tune out there for the HPTuners software for a LQ4 with LS1/LS6 intake. Its not like people havent done it before.

About the hptuners it think you would have to get a computer from what ever year car software that your friend has but i think when you buy hp tuners you get to pick two car I haven't look at that since i finished the swap in my other car. Now if you want to save some money you can use the stock wiring harness it basically a stand alone harness anyway and send it out andthe wires you need brought out. I think that was like

200 bucks.

Im workin on a budget though.. Motor and tranny is only going to be around 2800. Already have all the stuff like motor mounts and headers..

Not really looking to blow the rest of my engine budget on a wiring harness just to skip a couple steps.

I just would think that there would be a tune out there for the HPTuners software for a LQ4 with LS1/LS6 intake. Its not like people havent done it before.

If you are planning a budget oriented turbo setup I would stick with the stock truck heads. LS1 heads are going to up your compression.

If not, I would look into going for a carburated setup on an LQ4. The swap will run you about 600 bucks, but after that you no longer need to worry about a computer or software.

The standalone with tune I found at wait4meperformance.com is 300 bucks and ive heard alot of good about them.

Ive found out that an LS1 harness would be easier to use, as long as i have the injectors from an LS1. The truck harness costs 40 extra $$ to make it into a standalone.

Im going to be using stock heads BTW, theyre just aluminum on the 01+ trucks. Ill be using an LS6 intake also.