HybridZ

heads up about buying rota's from pop site

and yeah for those of you waiting to get the +04 offset, they wont be in until MAYBE next year.. the rep i talked to yesterday wasn't sure when if ever they would get them in

Yes, the +20 is less than ideal. On a 240sx, it is probably fine. Not on a 240z though for a 7.5" wide rim. I think around 4.5" of BS is what most aim for. I know that is what the Watanabes are set up at, that offset may only work with coilovers though.

okay so i finally test fitted one of the rims on my car.. yes i needed a spacer at the front so i ended up going with 1/4 spacer up there and none in the rear.. i have tokico illumina shocks/springs and energy suspension bushings.. the only issue that i'm having on the front is that it does rub on the bottom frame rail if i turn it all the way to lock left/or right.. i'm pretty sure if i had a bigger spacer up there i wouldn't have a problem

the tires that i'm using are 215/45/17 kumo tires

okay so here we go..... all you need to get +20mm offset wheels to fit are 1/4 inch spacers and longer wheel studs so that you can tighten your lug nuts down all the way... BUT if your going to buy spacers anyways (i already had some on my car previously) then go with a bigger spacer so you can but more rubber on your rim

the back

p1000854hq9.th.jpg

p1000859gm3.th.jpg

p1000861pg9.th.jpg

and yes i do drive it everyday , when i can with tokico illuminas and tokico springs and crazy exhaust fumes and all that other good stuff that comes with owning a 31 year old car

the turbo z in the garage will hopefully be my donor car this month for my transplant

• 1 year later...

Hey guys.. new to Hybrid Z. I just got a 73 240 w/ a JTR kit..an ole 305 / 700 r combo..previous owner installed...

Any way the RB-Rs have a 3 .5 inch lip while the RBs are 7.5 inches wide with a 4mm offset ...meaning...little lip but correct offset..adding a little to the rim towards the coilover..centering the wheel better in the wheel well. IMO

...Spoke with a 18racing.com saleslady on the phone.. she said that most people were just ordering 8.5s all around. I'm going wth the RB 17x 7.5/

235/45-17 BFG G-force and RB-R 17x8.5 / 255/45- 17. I'll post photos as soon as they get here and I take the rims to Discount to mount...