HybridZ

So my dad gave me this car...

rustrocket

This isn't the exact one, but it's similar:

be170555.jpg

and the boot (is it still a "boot" if it opens sideways?) 38278-7.jpg

J0604.jpg

It's a triumph Standard 10, or Triumph 10, or sometimes called the herald wagon. these things are pretty rare. His is in pretty good condition, but it needs paint, interior, and motor. I have a rebuilt 13bt, tranny, and turbo rx7 rear end that could be shoehorned in. I'm wondering if it's worth making into a little hot rod for a DD, maybe to help advertise my training business, or if i should tell him to give it away to somebody else. Thoughts anybody? The car only weights 1760 pounds or something like that.

NEAT! Tempting as it is to mod, I think it'll come off better stock. Just cherry it out and use the Z for the crazygonuts machine. Use the Triumph as a parts runner and a fun daily...nice slab sides for some hand lettered singage (Is Ray Giese still in business down there?).

Looks a bit like a shrunken '55 Ford Wagon. There's a bit of comedy in seeing a huge guy get out of a tiny car....have fun with it!

In stock form that might make for an expensive daily driver. Can't imagine parts are readily available. I would get on some Triumph sites and start asking questions. That car might be worth a lot more to someone else.

Interesting car never the less. Growing up a neighbor had a mint TR2. I always loved that car. He only drove it on a handful of weekends each year. Spent the rest of his time drinking gin and tuning the motor.

From what I read some models of that car had something like 26 HP. That thing could be death on a modern freeway.

4 wheel drum brakes have to suck also.

Well my immediate thoughts were to take out the rear seats, move the front ones back for adequate legroom. A narrowed ford 8.8 would be the easiest thing for the rear suspension, maybe rebuild the front double wishbone suspension with new arms and a modern hub/spindle assembly. I'm going to his place tomorrow to take more measurements and get some pics, but what i could find online, this car is 12 feet long, 4'10" wide, with a wheelbase of 88" and curb weight of 1780 pounds.

Pop n wood: Sadly, these cars arent worth much to anybody unless for sentimental reasons. But you're right, the power output was right around 26 HP, or 10 british horsepower (their horses are stonger?). They claim the car's top speed was a bit over 70 mph...0-60 time was around 18 seconds.

Pop n wood: Sadly, these cars arent worth much to anybody unless for sentimental reasons. But you're right, the power output was right around 26 HP, or 10 british horsepower (their horses are stonger?). They claim the car's top speed was a bit over 70 mph...0-60 time was around 18 seconds.

OOOF. Mod it.

So, went by my dad's and got some measurements and pics:

Track: 48"

Wheelbase: 84"

Width between framerails: 19" EEEK

Depth from firewall to radiator support: about 22" or so.

Thoughts anybody? This thing is super straight, and very little rust.

Here she is as she sits in the backyard.

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2371.jpg

This seems to be the worst of the rust:

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2381.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

Underside looks pretty good, at least the pics that i took:

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2380.jpg

IMG_2382.jpg