HybridZ

wheel spacer question

So i have a set of rims 15x8 with a 2mm offset or so the sticker on the rim says i still need to measure backspace to be sure .

I just mounted a wide set of tires 295/50/15 11 inch wide tread 12 inch wide sectional 27 tall if i remember . Ive lowered the car 1 1/2 inches over stock only issue is i have 1/8th of a inch between the rubber and the rear spring lower perch .

Im not sure if it will rub in corners as im still building the engine , main question is i was told by a local tire company if i use a 1/4 spacer and of course longer studs i will destroy the wheel bearings and perhaps loose a tire while driving down the road .

Has anyone used wheel spacers before on a datsun ? I plan on ordering different rims in the future about 6-8 months from now but if a spacer will be ok then i dont need to order another set of rims .

Jason

quote:"main question is i was told by a local tire company if i use a 1/4 spacer and of course longer studs i will destroy the wheel bearings and perhaps loose a tire while driving down the road ."

Your local tire person is full of it....quarter inch spacers with longer studs will not damage your wheel barings and will work fine.

A friend of mines is using 50mm bolt on spacers on the rear of his 240sx, I don't know if how many inches that is exactly or if it even is an inch but its hella thick. The spacers go for like 80$ you don't have to use extended studs.

25.4mm to the inch. 50mm = just shy of 2".

heh, i had 295's on the rear of my z for a bit, but they rubbed every time i murdered bee on the windshield... so i bumped down to 265's, and my friends still make fun of me, cuz if i still hit a good bump i leave smokey contrails off of my rear fender flares... course im runnin 10" wheels, and they easily hav an inch from the edge of the tire to the stock spring perch... so w/ proper wheel spacing i suppose i wouldnt hav this problem... well, hopefuly w/ my strutspacers(http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=127150) i wont... good luck =)

cheers

ryan~

• 2 weeks later...