HybridZ

SC300 Suspension???

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fronts are 17x8, 25mm offset. The arms are 10mm longer, They didn't make the wheels in the offset I wanted so I had to add it at the arms. With 10mm less wheel offset my track would have been the same though.

Justin, I can get the tire to frame rail to tire measurement next weekend If there is another measurement you want off it I can get that too. I think the wheels on that SC are 7's.

Clifton. Can you get the measurement from the ground to were the back cross member bolts to the frame? Like you did with the front. It seems to be a bit lower. I think this setup may work for me without sectioning the cross members since I'm replacing the frame rails anyways and the yz kit is 6 inches wider. So I should be able to use a higher offset wheel than normally used with this kit. Any help on the measurement is greatly appreciated.

It is 12.25" from the ground to the top of that crossmember. I don't know how much these cars settle with an engine and interior but I would think it would go down a bit. I also measured the top of the strut on the engine side (lowest point) to the ground. It was 31".

Clifton. Can you get the measurement from the ground to were the back cross member bolts to the frame? Like you did with the front. It seems to be a bit lower. I think this setup may work for me without sectioning the cross members since I'm replacing the frame rails anyways and the yz kit is 6 inches wider. So I should be able to use a higher offset wheel than normally used with this kit. Any help on the measurement is greatly appreciated.

• 5 months later...
Out of curiosity is this the same suspension setup as the early SC400's or is there some inherent difference?

yea they are. i was looking at a couple at the junkyard yesterday and they are the same. i ended up picking one out of a sc400.

2481533858_300cc96c8c.jpg

2481534090_f7a9d3b831.jpg

2481533656_1039e639e2.jpg

2481533986_e719444e19.jpg

2480720755_6018aff941.jpg

anyone else know of someone doing this swap or completed it?

• 5 months later...

here is mine so far (what a mess that garage is).

2935672622_a1e459f30f_o.jpg

2934815965_ec98c02a5c_o.jpg

2934817219_f7115b04f7_o.jpg

2934816793_1b8e1fb2e8_o.jpg

2935673426_e86e67fe89_o.jpg

looks like i will need flares. i looks like the camber is off but its really not. i just cant bolt down the wheels tight cause i dont have the right lug nuts. keep in mind its also set for the middle setting so i can take away or add camber.

Looks great! .........Now the Million $ question is...what benefit do you expect to gain from this mod? Im really interested in understanding your expectations...

Quite honestly, I dont knowthe difference between stock and this set-up.

Thanx!!

That's a 7" or 7.5" rim? Is there any more room for positive offset? I think regular ZG flares would more than help this situation. Good job fitting the Lexus suspension down there--almost looks 'light.'

Davy

it an 8 inch wide wheel.

Looks great! .........Now the Million $ question is...what benefit do you expect to gain from this mod? Im really interested in understanding your expectations...

Quite honestly, I dont knowthe difference between stock and this set-up.

Thanx!!

well i think the car should feel more planted at cruising at high speeds and when cornering however this is all theoretical. i am sure the factory sc400/sc300 brakes will be a huge improvement over the factory 240z brakes and likely as good as the expensive after market brakes for the 240z. it surprising how thick these rotors are.

i was also playing with the idea of using the abs from the sc300 but im not sure it will be worth it.

Cool. Are you doing ZG flares?

If you ever decide to go with a big brake kit on it, ARZ on here makes kits for them. I think the MKIV's are the same. I know he did a kit on an SC. It was his car I got the measurements from.

http://arizonaperformance.com/

haven't decided what flares im going to use yet but the zg flares are looking good. i really didn't want to use any flares but between the sc400 front end and the is300 rear end there really no opinion for that.

How much did you narrow the subframe?

to be honest i cant remember lol. i narrowed it at the beginning of the summer then i didn't touch the car until about three weeks ago. i think it was about 3-4 inches.