HybridZ

SC300 Suspension???

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What your doing is almost exactly what would need to be done to a Z to use the gtr front suspension (awd). I plan on trying this sometime in the future. Dont think i need to say what that would do to a Zs performance :D

That along with the TTT rearend setup with a gtr rear diff :weird:

Those wheels look good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I hate to ask, but wouldn't using the front suspension out of an 88-92 Supra have been a better way to go? It's narrower and has the same basic setup as the SC300. It might have been a better fit.

Greg

This is exactely what I am looking at doing right now, Front and rear suspension, rear end 5 speed and 7M from a MKIII Supra.

Still getting measurments from it to see if it will work and if I will have to cut the subs.

I got flamed for it when i suggested it, however from this post I am inspired to go for it.

• Administrators

This is exactely what I am looking at doing right now, Front and rear suspension, rear end 5 speed and 7M from a MKIII Supra.

Still getting measurments from it to see if it will work and if I will have to cut the subs.

I got flamed for it when i suggested it, however from this post I am inspired to go for it.

No, you didn't get flamed for it. Don't be running around here spreading fallacies about our members.

I'm subscribing to this thread. I currently own a SC400 and I can verify that all suspension components are shared with a MKIV Supra. Supra 4 pot brakes are direct bolt-on (what I'm using right now). This will open a lot of possible swaps also 1jz, 2jz, 1uz all bolt on to that subframe easily. I cant wait to do this mod by doing this, I get better suspension geometry (double A arm vs strut type, you can easily install coilovers, you can install better brakes and beefier sway (stock sway bars are actually quite beefy on supras and sc300/400's).

Edited by LIVauto

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Need to post pictures of my progress but currently I have the passenger side already fully mounted to my datsun 280z. I got all of the sc400 suspension. I didn't however take the sc400 cross member. I have mated the suspension with the stock datsun 280z cross member.

This is just the beginning of the swap and not completed. Those pictures are on my camera that I am trying to recover.

20111223_112433.jpg

20111223_203241.jpg

20111223_203310.jpg

What are your plans for the rear end?

Please keep us posted as I am very interested in your progress, any more pics?

Was there much modification to the Datsun cross member to fit up the SC a arm?

What are your plans for the rear end?

Please keep us posted as I am very interested in your progress, any more pics?

Was there much modification to the Datsun cross member to fit up the SC a arm?

The entire rear end has been replaced with an entire R33 GTS skyline rear subframe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...