HybridZ

My 4500 dollar R32 GT-R

nakagusukumike

Here's the GT-R that I bought yesterday. Turned the boost down to 1.0 so I don't blow it up. Still fun and I love it. It's been 5 years in the making for me. I've wanted one for a while...

4500 dollars cash.

It's a 1991 R32 GT-R with 113k km on it.

img1516hy9.jpg

img1520wp9.jpg

img1521ug9.jpg

img1522pi9.jpg

img1523uk7.jpg

img1524qw0.jpg

img1525oo0.jpg

img1526es9.jpg

img1527dc1.jpg

img1528kb6.jpg

Keep up on the progress here:

http://www.zeroyon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14806

Peace!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
I want to move to a land where people leave Optima batteries lying around outside. :wink:

Sweet ride bud. I'd drive it.

Battery???! :lmao:

Just to live in a place where you can purchase an RB26DETT powered AWD world renowned super car that runs and drives and in decent overall condition for a mere $4500?!?!?! Way cool… :2thumbs:

they arent worth crap there for the most part... dont know if you know about japanese tax laws and road laws and such but the older a car is.. the more of a pain in the ass it is to own it.

think about it.. some guy from america goes to japan.. buys a running good condition low mileage 180sx with an sr in it.. say 97 model. cuts it in half.. brings it back here to america.. removes the engine, harness, and tranny.. sells it for roughly 2500 bucks.. and is making a profit... just think about it. youd be shocked what a decently mileaged nsx, supra, gtr,evo, sti goes for over there.

they arent worth crap there for the most part... dont know if you know about japanese tax laws and road laws and such but the older a car is.. the more of a pain in the ass it is to own it.

think about it.. some guy from america goes to japan.. buys a running good condition low mileage 180sx with an sr in it.. say 97 model. cuts it in half.. brings it back here to america.. removes the engine, harness, and tranny.. sells it for roughly 2500 bucks.. and is making a profit... just think about it. youd be shocked what a decently mileaged nsx, supra, gtr,evo, sti goes for over there.

Unless it's a Y plate :wink:

Nice find....did ya get that from some poor American that spent his life savings on mods and then had to roatate and found out he couldnt take it with him...lol? Thats the only thing I hate about certain cars here...if your not gonna stay here forever its all money down the drain. You of course made out big time.

It is funny how cheap used cars are here and I dont get it. The Japanese could be making a mint if the culture was anything like the states. Hell you cant even buy a POS NEON with 110K on it for 5 grand...lol. My Aristo in mint condition and only 60K when I bought it with twin turbo 2JZ was only

2K....WTH? Enjoy it while you can right!!! Congrats on the find..

Terry

Sweet looking car. Most people here think $4500 is a steal for that car, by U.S. standards it is, but most people dont know what it costs to register a car with that engine or what smog tests cost. Once all of that is factored in, the car isnt a steal anymore, again by U.S. standards. Either way, I wish I could go out and purchase a $4,500 R32 GT-R.

P.S.

I think you need another gauge or two in there :D

Sweet looking car. Most people here think $4500 is a steal for that car, by U.S. standards it is, but most people dont know what it costs to register a car with that engine or what smog tests cost. Once all of that is factored in, the car isnt a steal anymore, again by U.S. standards. Either way, I wish I could go out and purchase a $4,500 R32 GT-R.

P.S.

I think you need another gauge or two in there :D

Actually the Y plate is cheap. I pay about $400 for a two year JCI and only $300 a year for insurance so its crazy cheap actually compared to the states. Road tax is annual but only 19000 yen for that car.

Terry

Any chance you'll be able to bring it back to the states when you get transfered? :D

Thats a 1991 so in 2016 he can without any problems. Im waiting till 2014 to bring back or have a 1989 R32 shipped. Hell I would advise anyone here that can store one or drive one till 2014 to do it while they are cheap then ship it back after the 25 year exemption has been reached. I am sure prices will go up for exporting these when the 25 year clause comes into effect...just speculation. Hell Ill be here till June 2010 so only 3 1/2 years after that and they will be exportable right? Finally taking initial pics of the Hakosuka today and will post later...

Terry

Thats a 1991 so in 2016 he can without any problems. Im waiting till 2014 to bring back or have a 1989 R32 shipped. Hell I would advise anyone here that can store one or drive one till 2014 to do it while they are cheap then ship it back after the 25 year exemption has been reached. I am sure prices will go up for exporting these when the 25 year clause comes into effect...just speculation. Hell Ill be here till June 2010 so only 3 1/2 years after that and they will be exportable right? Finally taking initial pics of the Hakosuka today and will post later...

Terry

Where did you find the 25 year exemption? The only reference I can find for a "non-conforming" automobile is: "As of July 1, 1988, EPA no longer has the one-time exemption for vehicles five or more model-years old."

Terry

That maybe true in the states except for California. That takes care of Fed, but not EPA and CARB. Too bad, we always get the shaft on the best cars here.

not true... the 04+ Sti... japan gets a 2.0 still.

What I was thinking about was the S15 Sylvia (Nissan 240SX) with the SR20DET and of course the RB series motors for the R32, R33 and R34 Skylines. The R32 in 89 to me was and still is more exciting than the new EVO and STI. Supposedly the S16 is coming but I would put money on a VQ series at maybe 2.5 liters and most likely NA. How cool would it be if it came over with the SR20DET motor? Not going to happen.