HybridZ

Does anybody have a 240/260/280 with LT1 + A/C +Power Steering?

Hi there, my 74 260Z was the 1st car I ever owned. 17 yrs later I've amassed an LT1 + T56 and JTR book and appropriate parts. I've been checking out this website for days now making notes and building an excellent reference for the project. (whoever dreamed up this website should be declared a saint!) It seems that over the years more and more of you builders/engineers/gearheads/ have put together some amazing combinations. Since I already have the LT1 (2 sets with T56's) I'm kind of committed to using the LT1 even though the LS1 sounds like a lot more fun even if it is more expensive. So my question as posted is has anybody successfully completed a 240/260/280Z LT1 with A/C and power steering? I'd like to do this project twice. Once for my wife and then convert my 1st car. I won't take it apart until I've done this once already.

Anybody?

Hi there, my 74 260Z was the 1st car I ever owned. 17 yrs later I've amassed an LT1 + T56 and JTR book and appropriate parts. I've been checking out this website for days now making notes and building an excellent reference for the project. (whoever dreamed up this website should be declared a saint!) It seems that over the years more and more of you builders/engineers/gearheads/ have put together some amazing combinations. Since I already have the LT1 (2 sets with T56's) I'm kind of committed to using the LT1 even though the LS1 sounds like a lot more fun even if it is more expensive. So my question as posted is has anybody successfully completed a 240/260/280Z LT1 with A/C and power steering? I'd like to do this project twice. Once for my wife and then convert my 1st car. I won't take it apart until I've done this once already.

Anybody?

Thats pretty cool. I wish I still had my frist car... well maybe the second one. I am completing my '77 280Z with an LT1. I did go with AC (vintage Air) but there is one problem. The compressor will not fit in its stock location because it will hit the steering rack. You will either have to make a bracket to mount it on the other side or do what a couple of us have done and get http://www.bowersrodshop.com/info_pulley.htm. But even then there is clearence issues with the strut tower. As far as PS goes, good luck. Some have converted to PS but from what I have read it isn't the easiest thing to do seach on the suspension threads and you will find some info. I gutted the LT1 PS pump and kept it on the engine as a pully for the belt. Good luck on the swap.