HybridZ

This L28 Z is a serious sleeper...

jgkurz

Look here guys. I got cousin that is stationed @ Ft Bragg. He's a retired CSM. He test-n-tune @ fayetteville Motorsport Park 1/4 mile track all the time. Other guys have seen him @ freaky friday(all night racing) also. Look for those vids on youtube.... You' find him.

Hey , he's going film him leaving his house and going to the track.. What do you guy want me to tell him to Film to show proof of the stock engine parts.....

As far as what my cousin has told me, This is problaby the slowest car he has. And he drives it every where.

Ohh. As far as those picture from SEZ. I was out there and The NOS bottle was empty. They had to borrow a bottle from a guy with the orange 280 Z with the skyline motor in it from alabama. Then they close the track so he never got a chance to spray it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look here guys. I got cousin that is stationed @ Ft Bragg. He's a retired CSM. He test-n-tune @ fayetteville Motorsport Park 1/4 mile track all the time. Other guys have seen him @ freaky friday(all night racing) also. Look for those vids on youtube.... You' find him.

Hey , he's going film him leaving his house and going to the track.. What do you guy want me to tell him to Film to show proof of the stock engine parts.....

As far as what my cousin has told me, This is problaby the slowest car he has. And he drives it every where.

Ohh. As far as those picture from SEZ. I was out there and The NOS bottle was empty. They had to borrow a bottle from a guy with the orange 280 Z with the skyline motor in it from alabama. Then they close the track so he never got a chance to spray it.

That might be true, but I don't think that he went that fast at sez either...I can't recall exact times...Who goes to a race with a empty bottle? I have run them empty... Don't think I'm knocking this car....I love it that's why I took all the pics... I want a auto to drag for mine.. I just dont think they are telling the truth about how it runs as fast as it does. He was saying it was the fastest 6cyl or nissan inline or something to that nature... I think that he might be wrong about that broad of a statment... He was even giving out cards with it written on them.

That might be true, but I don't think that he went that fast at sez either...I can't recall exact times...Who goes to a race with a empty bottle? I have run them empty... Don't think I'm knocking this car....I love it that's why I took all the pics... I want a auto to drag for mine.. I just dont think they are telling the truth about how it runs as fast as it does. He was saying it was the fastest 6cyl or nissan inline or something to that nature... I think that he might be wrong about that broad of a statment... He was even giving out cards with it written on them.

Hey, do u remember when he went out to make two passes and the car fell on its face. That was when the bottle was empty and it was only shooting fuel. Thats when the guys from that orange z came over and took his bottle out. Ask the guy with the Orange Z with the skyline motor. Some one out here should know him. Anyway they pulled up the tree, Before he got the chance to make a pass using the NOS.

BTW I got one of his cards too. Ur right The card does say The Fastest L28 on the Planet PERIOD! I got the email address on the card right here. Zprace@aol.com

I'm just tired of Hondas and Neon's making 600+ RWHP and I'm stuck at 350ish to 400 RWHP being the "WOW, better not go any higher" mark.

Hmm, I don't know everything you have on your car, but I wouldn't say you've exhausted everything to compare to those cars unless you have done the following (just like your examples):

1. custom turbo cam

2. extensively researched fully ported head with oversized valves and upgraded springs, retainers, etc.

3. 30+ psi on C16

4. custom tubular exhaust manifold and big intake manifold

5. rev the snot out of it with a turbo big enough to truly flow that

I'm not trying to come down on you, but that is exactly what a 600+whp honda/neon has in it.

An L28 with custom manifolds, custom turbo cam, built motor (rods, pistons, etc.), fully ported head and oversized valves with upgraded springs and a big turbo should get you quite a bit more than 350~400, no? Aside from which, your torque probably isn't that far off the mark versus those cars and with lesser octane to boot.

1. custom turbo cam

2. extensively researched fully ported head with oversized valves and upgraded springs, retainers, etc.

3. 30+ psi on C16

4. custom tubular exhaust manifold and big intake manifold

5. rev the snot out of it with a turbo big enough to truly flow that

I'm not trying to come down on you, but that is exactly what a 600+whp honda/neon has in it.

;)

2 and 3 are the easiest.

;)

2 and 3 are the easiest.

:mrgreen:

Hey, well forged internals should let you run the boost. The head can be taken care of. There are at least two guys on here that I'd trust for a full-out head like that. The parts and knowledge is there. There just aren't that many Z's out there that have the full out 10~20k build like the upper 0.01% of Hondas that they are being compared to by guys in this thread (out of frustration).

To be honest, it's too dang easy for many guys who simply want the power and don't care how they get it.... Swap a different and more well-developed powerplant in. That is probably partially why there aren't that many nasty nasty L's running around (yes I put it in twice).

I have been in a friend's fully set up >700whp Honda. It is wicked what is done to it, but if you breathe on the throttle it pegs over 10krpm and is simply a tire burner even with the right suspension stuff and slicks. It's torque is probably around 65% of power, though, too. An L motor ain't gonna be like that. :burnout:

:mrgreen:

Hey, well forged internals should let you run the boost. The head can be taken care of.

I definitely agree with your 1-5 list, but you don't need forged internals to get away with 30 psi especially with c16. Most on here will do the 1,2, and 4 but not the big turbo and big boost, which is exactly what he did in the vid.

I have also ran 440cc injectors on the stock ecu by playing with the afm. It can be done but it will run crappy off boost. But it will run the correctish a/f ration at full boost. So nothing isn't possible on a budget. You don't need alot of money to go fast. You just need it to be reliable.

Thumper, what size turbo and brand did you run on the car you drove to SEZ and broke the trans in on the way in from Texas? If I rember correctly you said it was of a cummins diesel. Jerry

Thumper, what size turbo and brand did you run on the car you drove to SEZ and broke the trans in on the way in from Texas? If I rember correctly you said it was of a cummins diesel. Jerry

Jerry, I ran the holset hy35w. Its was off of a newer cummings diesel. I believe I was the first to run it but stole the idea from someone else. Now quite a few people run it. 4cyl mustangs, 4cyl volvo's, and a few sbc's run them also. There should a few good threads out there on its specs and application.

Jerry, I ran the holset hy35w. Its was off of a newer cummings diesel. I believe I was the first to run it but stole the idea from someone else. Now quite a few people run it. 4cyl mustangs, 4cyl volvo's, and a few sbc's run them also. There should a few good threads out there on its specs and application.
Thanks for the info.Jerry

• 8 years later...

Let's bring back the past.. I am a recent customer of Frankie.. I have a bone stock 82 280zx turbo 5 spd. Except for Frankie's computer and wiring harness and an Intercooler.. It is a blow through the airflow meter setup, which is quite genius it's so simple. It does use the n/a computer and distributor. It is a great daily driver, I have been to Carowinds twice and all around Charleston since he did the mods. I can't comment on gas mileage because no one should care lol. it is how ever a beast right now, even at stock 7 lbs of boost.. The reason for me posting this is. I have met Frankie and been to his home. I have seen his parts, I have seen his mods. I assure you this, no one in my 20 yrs of working with 280zx turbos and looking online at every bodies mods, from James Thagard to BoB Sharp to now the green hornet and many others trying to make the most power from an L6 as possible.. No one has done or is doing what Frankie is doing... Yet everything he does except for a few things, is so simple it will be considered IMO genius in time.. To do what he has done with stock computer and airflow meter technology is by far what anyone to date has done with a stand alone computer.. James Thagard did some great work I talked to him back in the day and Big Phil is certainly entertaining. The Green Hornet is bad ass, as well as the driver. 1:34.?? At Laguna Seca hell yeah.. Anyway, I know Frankie has his ways of seeming as if he's hiding something. Because he is a grudge racer/ businessman and he has secrets to hide.. He has discovered secrets of the L6 L28 that no one has, but they are forsale, and those secrets are not worth crap if he tells you how he does it.. I just wanted to take a minute to say this, out of respect for Frankie's knowledge, that I believe a lot of people are missing out on. Because they don't want to believe that Frankie has done something no one else has, with a motor that has been around for so long.. But I assure you he is.. So please inquire with me or inquire with Frankie and buy some parts and see for yourself.. I will post some pictures of my setup so you can see my progress as I make mine faster.. I like most of you want to know what 500 hp in a 280zx feels like, with the sound of the L28 and to show people what they got smoked by..

Hello

Sorry my English not very will

Its very bad liar person to work with

I am pay for him about 10000$ - 15000$ And waiting about 1 and 1/2 year to get my 500hp kit

He send for me very bad leack and smoke motor with very bad running

Very bad and rust header

Smoke shaft play turbo

Very bad tune Haltech F10X and its

Run and bad clutch

Down pipe with holes

Very bad rust and damge crank shaft

Leack and bad fuel pump

Bad T5 gear box

Drive shaft for 2 seat and my car 4 seat

I get box off junk only

5 year or more I paying for my loan

5 year the car stop on my home because I can't make new engine and can't drive cos alot somke from engine

Please take care from these person

L28 and datsun not airplane and they are many people good to work with them like Dave Rebello

Thank you

Mohsmmad

I don't know where you are from or your complete story but, I do know this for a fact, other countries when things are shipped in. Sometimes people take things and replace them with junk. I witnessed this in Sri Lanka. So maybe what he shipped you didn't make it to you. How ever I have gotten everything I paid for and I will continue to do business with Frankie because he has knowledge no one else has and has done me right. I will inquire into your story with him though. As I would hate for that to happen again and be personally involved in the deal..