HybridZ

Back from Tokyo! pictures inside

Globerunner513

Pictures:

Part 1

Part 2

well first off i have to thank everyone here who gave some insight as to what it would be like over there, or what to do. I would have been so lost with no idea of what to see :mrgreen:

Anyway i was pretty lucky to make it in the first place. (Flying standby) and i got the very last seat on the plane. pretty lucky considering the plane was full (over-sold by 5, and i was number 13 on the standby list)lol

So we get into narita, and have a 1.5 hour bus ride into tokyo (shinjuku) where the hotel is. and guess what i saw on the way?? Devil Z! only thing was different were black bumpers, and no fender mirrors from what i could see....we only passed it for a couple seconds, and then we exited...couldn't get my camera in time :(

Well I had a lot of fun, and i think my dad did too...he's a pretty good back-yard mechanic..but has never seen much in the way of performance cars or parts really...

Tried to find Speed Shop Shinohara...but as i thought it doesn't exist anymore.. but the concierge at the hotel found me another tuner shop called speed shop turbo, which ended up being pretty cool. Tiny hole-in-the-wall shop, but looked like they knew what they were doing.

The pictures tell most of the story. I have to say i was really blown away by how polite and proper a society it is there. Just little things like people standing on one side of the escalator to let others by really impressed me.

The language barrier was kind of interesting..but not nearly as bad as i was anticipating. We managed just fine.

Anyway enjoy!

thanks guys...am glad you like the pictures. I definately didn't take enough though lol.

i was there for 48 hours. My dad is a pilot with Air Canada...and so i just flew on a trip with him. So air fare was free for me. (dad payed...but its only like $100 or something). We got in at around 5pm sat. night and left the hotel at 2pm monday. (5pm flight). Also the hotel was free because i stayed in the room with my dad, which the airline pays for. lol. me = Score.

All the pictures are from sunday and monday morning (my camera died and didn't get batteries :(. I didn't really do much saturday night anyway...the crew (3 pilots and me) went to dinner that night, and then i just slept, figuring i might as well get a good sleep and be awake for the next day...and then just stay up really late sunday night. (which i did)

We didnt' spend a whole lot on food either. Had like two sit down dinners, and everything else we just bought in grocery stores and places like an am/pm. didn't wanna waste much time,cause we only had like 1 1/2 days.

Very cool pictures. I'm stationed in Okinawa next year and I'm hoping I get a chance to go to mainland and visit tokyo.

Yeah, I noticed the politeness thing all over the world. They do the same moving to the side on escalator's all over europe and asia....and that's just one of the many things I noticed while traveling.