HybridZ

L28E with coil packs

Jason81NA,82RBtt

My friend is wanting to install a set of RB20DET coil packs on to his L28. We have found out that the coils still installed on the bracket will line up pefertly with the spark plugs on the motor. we only need to make a plate that will hold that bracket to the valve cover. But here is a question. Does there need to be a bearing or bushing installed where the distributor was under the block off plate, to keep the shaft from wobblin and damaging the front engine cover?

• Administrators
My friend is wanting to install a set of RB20DET coil packs on to his L28. We have found out that the coils still installed on the bracket will line up pefertly with the spark plugs on the motor. we only need to make a plate that will hold that bracket to the valve cover. But here is a question. Does there need to be a bearing or bushing installed where the distributor was under the block off plate, to keep the shaft from wobblin and damaging the front engine cover?

Personally, I prefer to cut the quill shaft down.

The jury is still out if it really has benefit or not, though I am convinced that between "leaving the quill shaft to wobble around" vs "cutting it down", that cutting it down is the lesser of the two evils and eliminates the “possibility” of premature quill-shaft/front cover wear, whether that possibility exists, or not.

Here is a thread talking about this exact situation…

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?p=802664

Quill1Medium.jpg