HybridZ

Need help with drawing body kit for my racecar

zr240

the hard part is, I dont have a scanner. It looks like a s30 jap drift spec body kit.
do you mind defining what a "drift spec" kit looks like for all of us who don't believe in the "drift spec" parts declaration?

what is a "drift spec" part? I've seen "drift spec" parts available for cavaliers and cobalts.

If the tons of Option: Video Magazine drift videos i've seen are any indication, a drift spec body kit is one that's being held on by chewing gum and a single zip tie so that it falls off when they spin off the track into the hay bales without damaging it too much...any other drift spec part is probably a broken one or one that's been really beat up and kicked around a lot. those cars tend to look like theft recoveries after awhile. I'm not knocking the drifting, by the way. My car would fit right in...

• 4 weeks later...

I know what Z you are talking about in the January 2008 issue. The red one with the G-nose air dam and the really wide rounded fenders that are gray, right? I don't think that is what he is after.

zr240 do you want the really aerodynamic rear fenders that most Super GT cars have? And the front fenders that have the large trailing vent behind the front wheels? How hard core racing are you going? This way I can gage how to design the kit. I could sketch something up. You are planning on going wide body, right?

Do you want: Full wide body kit (front fascia, front fenders, side skirts, rear fascia, rear diffuser, front splitter, large "GT" wing, vented hood, front bumper canards, JDM style fender mirrors. You mentioned G-nose style front so I know that detail for certain.

Would you like it to be NISMO inspired (take some design cues from the current GT300/500 Z-cars)?

Fill me in on these details and I can sketch up something that will give you some ideas.

Hi Drftn280zxt

the car is a full race car. Its running a rb25det, 16x 10 slicks, 8 point weld in cage etc

Yes I want to run the full areo you mentioned, wide body (the wheels are about 2 inches or more wider than original guards) gt wing etc etc as you mentioned.

I have currently fitted some wide flairs to tie me over as I want to start testing the car (engine etc).

Nismo styling would be great as I love the 35oz gt car aswell as the new gtr GT racecar aswell

Would really appreciate any help

Thanks

Ash