HybridZ

Throttle Cable to pedal connection

DJACEY

I have an RB20 but the cable connection should be the same.

I didn't run cable to the peddle. I ran the cable to the linkage on the firewall.

This is the pivot linkage with some of the push rod left over from the L28. I routed it through the hood latch assembly. You can see a home made clamp that converts the solid linkage over to cable. Then I connected a right hand drive Skyline cable from that to the throttle.

GEGUAGEPANEL006.jpg

You can see from this pic that the cable bracket is mounted to the other side of the hood latch assembly and bolted to the fire wall to keep the cable assembly from moving. From there it loops around to the throttle. The total movement of the peddle matches the total open and close position of the RB20 throttle. Works perfect. No modifications under the dash where it is hard to reach.

GEGUAGEPANEL008.jpg

I dont have any pics but what i had done was i cut the top of the gas pedal off of a z31 that had the rb20 motor in it then welded that piece to my Z's pedal linkage then ran the cable thru the hole where the stock linkage goes and hooked it up. Worked pretty good.

I used a pulsar cable and firewall bracket....VIVA ebay I took me forever to figure out how to install the thing and then late one night I had a epithaney.....

I trimmed the bracket down and bolted the remaining part to the firewall. Then I ground the ball off the pedal assembly and drilled it out to accept a bolt I think 3/8...sorry cant remember. I drilled a hole through the bolt so that the SS cable could be threaded through and clamped tight onto the pedal with a nut.

I was so easy and looks pretty clean. Works great and the pedal feels smoother.....probably because it eliminated all the stock mechanical linkage pivot points.

I will try to take an under dash pic...

April_5_2007061.jpg

Hope this helps.