HybridZ

Oklahoma Ice Storms SUCK!

BillZ260

Spent most of the day yesterday trying to keep my driveway clear of the fractured remains of our 30+ food Bradford Pear. I guess we are lucky it lasted this long!

Roads are totally fine, all the trees however are all coming down. We lost two, luckily no property damage to home or cars. We still have power, even though most of Tulsa does not. I hope it stays that way, the neighbors tree staying strong holds that in the ballance for now.

The whole area is pretty much depressing looking. I have never seen so many trees shredded and spit and dismantled! Looks like a warzone. I hope most of the trees can survive, otherwise our once quite and parklike 50 year old housing development is going to look exacly like the new suburbs / once farmland NO TREE housing developments :(

We had the same thing happen a few years ago. We lost power very quickly after the strom began. I went outside into the darkness to hear the sound of cracking trees and branches at the rate of about 3 per minute. It sounded like a warzone. We had no power for 5 solid days. No water either. I caught water melting off the roof in a drum and used it to flush the toilets. I used the wood stove to heat and cook. The barbecue came in handy.

I have since purchased a 6500 Watt Generac to power the well pump, the boiler, the fridge and some lights if it happens again. I will go filll up the cars with fuel and use a syphon pump to transfer fuel to the generator as needed.

The trees will look crappy for about 5-10 years after a storm like this. It's a good opportunity to re-landscape and let the lower growth flourish.

I lost my old trusty pick up truck to an overgrown elm tree Tuesday. Still trying to dig out so I can hitch up the trailer and move my drag car out of harms way. It lost it's place in the garage to the Datsun. lol Could have been much worse. Thankfully no damage to the house or garage but it looks like we are in for a few inches of snow Thursday night. Have to love Kansas weather! Jason

I hope most of the trees can survive, otherwise our once quite and parklike 50 year old housing development is going to look exacly like the new suburbs / once farmland NO TREE housing developments :(

I lost power for 18 hours in South OKC. I was lucky enough to pick up a generator before the panic started and live in a "No tree new housing development". Other than not being able to find a McDonalds with a play area open for the kid, it was mostly just a day off work.