HybridZ

1UZFE in 1990 300zx

czecho

Hello, im new to this forum and i been thinking about doing a v8 swap in a Z. I was just wondering if anyone has worked with this kind of motor on Z's and if it will fit nicely with all acceories, AC, etc. Im saving up money and im gonna slowly buy the parts needed and do a little bit of aftermarket stuff to the engine before i put in, headers, ITB, Cams, basically the good stuff. The main thing im worried about is if i do get ITB's will it fit under the hood with out touching the roof of it because im going to get a strut bar for front and rear soon. Just all basic questions before dumping my money on my Z :). Thank you !!

You're talking some serious dough on your aftermarket parts.

The good thing about the headers for the 1UZ is that the exhaust flange pattern is identical to the 2UZ (which is the only way you'll find cheaper headers). I've seen 2UZ headers for as low as 175, but finding 1UZ headers will put you in the 4-600 dollar range.

Cams alone (remember, there's 4 cams) will cost you around 1K (probably have to source them from Australia or NZ).

ITB's can also be found "down under" for a nominal fee...

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2739

I suggest searching on google and Lextreme.com when finding out about aftermarket modifications.

EDIT:

Just found a really clean swap into an S13 (I assume that the engine bay room is similar).

http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=162189

I have changed my mind about ITB, im going to go single turbo and get forged everything to be safe, i not gonna run a really high boost.

I will go no higher then 10 unless i go race. I gonna need a lot of help with this project from people on this forum, giving me tips and ideas to make things more simple in the long run and i will be posting pictures ( not any time soon ), will probably make a new thread because its gonna be awhile but wish me luck.

Thanks