timbo1jz

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well, after finishing the dash and all, I finally got around to installing some seats. I didn't end up using the recaros that I had because they did not hold you in well enough. So I ended up getting a set of NRG race buckets and they are awesome!!! They weigh practically nothing and just barely fit into the Z. They were a pain in the ass to install, but were well worth it in the end. I also went with the Nrg 4 point harness with the cam locks. Anyways, almost done, just got a few little things to work out, then I will be ready to rock and roll. Here are a few pics-

seats001.jpg

seats002.jpg

seats003.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Damn all I can say is that your build is hmmm well........the fkn eye sex man lol....that is some outstanding work you have done and +100 on all the pics and info....this is gonna help me great with my build....lol expect alot of random PMs from me lol.

Great build!!!

Well I got my oil catch can in and mounted finally. Hardly any room for a vacuum source on the intake since my filter is mounted on the turbo, so I tapped it into the hard plastic of my intake filter with a bulkhead fitting. I then modified the 1jz valve cover for a -8 bulkhead fitting and used a NRG catch can with AN fittings and hoses. Works great, here are some pics. Don't mind my battery clutter as it is only temporary as my battery took a crap!

seats012.jpg

seats006.jpg

seats007.jpg

hey i have the same fuel cell as you, i haven't installed it yet but everything is cut out already, I was wondering how did you hook up everything, theres 3 fittings, out and return, then the top one what did you use for the top one? and what kind of fuel vapor/surge system or if you are even using one? is yours open vent?

this is probably going to sound like a straight up noob question. but on my n/a 2jz, it only has one pcv also but the other has 90 elbow only. whats up with that?

correct because the one that goes to the intake manifold has the pcv valve in it so it operates under vacuum, but when you boost the engine the manifold has pressure and the pcv valve closes so pressure doesn't enter the valve cover. The other side has the elbow that goes to the intake, because their is no pressure going to the valve cover, just a vacuum under boost so their is no need for a pcv valve one the intake side, thus thats where the catch can should go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, so I took my girlfriend for a ride around the block and the car is stupid fast!! But the thing I don't like is that the turbo I am using has too much lag. With the q45 3.5diff ratio it is not very friendly for the street with this turbo. Gonna change it out or I even have thoughts of selling the beast!

when the motor was in my supra, i had a smaller t3/t4 turbo and a 4.3 ratio diff, so it was a big difference. I talked to my turbo guy and we are going to change the exhaust housing to a smaller one to make it spool faster.

So given this info if you had to do it again what turbo/diff setup would you recommend going with? (lol you know why i ask) :o

with the .58, it should spool stupid faster. supraforum threads says the 1jz take a bit more effort to spin the bigger housing however alot of guys do run the big dawgs but with the high gear rears. thats one thing i dont like about the 1jz, takes a more effort to spin the bigger snails. but you dont need a big snail to haul the z anyways unless you like the feel of a roller coaster drop.

now this makes me think how would my long nose r200 3.54 gear perform with a 2jz t67 and r154 trans? in the beginning i thought longer the gear=more boost+longer rpm=more travel= faster 1/4 top speed?

Edited by piston
edit

• 3 weeks later...

any updates tim? im curious on the jump from .82 to .58a/r exhaust? whats the full boost rpm on the .82? new housing tested yet? my head is now turning towards the 1jz swap. although the 2jz looks cool, for the price, one can get a 1jz complete with a 1jz r154 bell housing. 1j is capable of enough power to flex the z.