timbo1jz

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Progress is going pretty good. I should have the engine in the car this week, hopefully if everything goes good. I got a few new goodies for my new turbo. A custom Drewgo turbo manifold fully braced and coated, and a 44mm external wastegate. I just need to have the flange welded on, but I have to wait until the motor is in to deal with clearence issues. I also got a custom made braided steel clutch hose to use a 260z clutch master cylinder to a Toyota R154 slave cylinder, compliments of my friend Aaron at Driftmotion.com. Here are a few pics.

enginebay015.jpg

enginebay017.jpg

enginebay014.jpg

[snip]... I also got a custom made braided steel clutch hose to use a 260z clutch master cylinder to a Toyota R154 slave cylinder, compliments of my friend Aaron at Driftmotion.com.

Is the issue only the length? Or the actual fittings? I'd read the fittings are the same... or so I thought.

Looks great otherwise. Keep going!

fittings have the same thread pitch, but the length is different. Driftmotion makes them a little bit longer to compensate. This clutch hose is meant for a supra, but we have measured and came to the conclusion that it would work perfectly on my swap. It is full braided stainless so the clutch will have a nice feel.

Good to see you discovered the Drewgo header. Great bang for the buck. I had some minor fitness issues, solved by 5 mins with a small round file. Well constructed, lots of bracing and most important, no welding slag inside.

Very nice build. Good luck with it.

I did a little test fitting of the new manifold and turbo before I have the wastegate flange welded on. Here are a few pics.I just need to clock the compressor housing down before I have an elbow welded on.

enginebay037.jpg

enginebay033.jpg

enginebay034.jpg

• 2 weeks later...