HybridZ

my 1jz 260z

timbo1jz

I have not got to the wiring yet, but it will be soon. I am currently setting up the intercooler right now. I will post some pics of it tomarrow. The manifold leaves plenty of room for a downpipe, and it works perfectly for my setup, because it keeps the wastegate at the top and makes it very easy to recirculate it back into the downpipe as I will do. I don't want to ruin the beautiful sound of the 1jz with a vented wastegate.:mrgreen:

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
I also got a custom made braided steel clutch hose to use a 260z clutch master cylinder to a Toyota R154 slave cylinder, compliments of my friend Aaron at Driftmotion.com.

Hey Tim, Can you post how this works out? I have a R154 that I am going to put in sometime soon, wasn't sure if the factory clutch master cylinder had enough volume to push the R154 slave all the way.

Hey Tim, Can you post how this works out? I have a R154 that I am going to put in sometime soon, wasn't sure if the factory clutch master cylinder had enough volume to push the R154 slave all the way.

I sure hope it works. If not, then I will have to a supra master and custom fit it. I think it should work with the Nissan master. I let you guys know soon.

Sorry I haven't posted for a while but I was out of town. My intercooler is a 24x12x4 core that is from Driftmotion.com. I installed some toyota 4 runner brakes with some drilled rotors and stainless lines. I also have a 15/16" master that is going in also. Should be plenty of braking for the rig.

260zzz001.jpg

• 2 months later...

I haven't posted in a little while due to some other things I had to take care of, but I am back on the project now. Got the 15/16" master cylinder/booster in and the custom braided stainless clutch hose installed onto the toyota r154 slave cylinder. Also picked up some sweet Recaro racing seats. here are a couple pics-

trans011.jpg

trans012.jpg

trans014.jpg

I finally got the tranny mount for the r154 done using the stock mount and a custom crossmember similar to RUSSJZ's to make room for the exhaust. The shifter is an inch or two foward, but will be perfect with the soarer shifter housing that I will install.

trans004.jpg

trans013.jpg

trans010.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, been busy on the project, got the downpipe done, mk4 supra waterpump with billet pulleys and shortened belt with s2000 idler pulley for no AC or PS. I got a new aluminum radiator installed with a 16" spal high CFM fan and all 5 ply silicone radiator hoses. All intercooler piping is done, but it just needs to be welded. Here are some pics.

1jzud027.jpg

1jzud031.jpg

1jzud012.jpg

Guest YoshiFD3S

Looking great!!!

For aesthetic purposes, do you plan on maybe painting the valve cover at all? You've got such a bright and shiny turbo, and bling-bling, in-your-face BLUE couplings...just thought it might help spruce up that engine s'more.

:D

• 1 month later...
Sorry I haven't posted for a while but I was out of town. My intercooler is a 24x12x4 core that is from Driftmotion.com. I installed some toyota 4 runner brakes with some drilled rotors and stainless lines. I also have a 15/16" master that is going in also. Should be plenty of braking for the rig.

260zzz001.jpg

Do you think i can fit a 30inch intercooler????????????????????????? do i have the room????