roninjiro

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

79 coupe NA parts car

81 coupe NA building to street race

83 coupe NA Daily driver (my only true love) custom everything

And a black and gold 10th ann. model that got two trees dropped on her durring hurricanes a few yrs back :fmad:.

I'll be buying an 81 turbo next month:burnout:

And just because its worth mentioning I have a shiro 50th ann. edition 300 zx that I never drive b/c I love my 130's to much!

me and my dad have gone through 5,

1982 parts car (so rusted it buckled in half)

1981 parts car so rusted the rear subframe wasnt held on

fully optioned 83 minus turbo (the car my dad is restoring and putting an lt1 in)

my mint 79 with the turbo swap

83 turbo parts car

we picked up both the 81 and 82 for 150 bucks and we got the turbo car for 200. it ran fine but the interior was compleltly trashed/gone.

so my family has done our fair share of destroying and bringing life back to the Z community

Let's count...

I was given my first 280zx at 14. I was the only kid on the block with a real car. No wheels, no interior and missing engine parts while sitting on four cinder blocks. Sixteen years later, I still own an s130.

'79 slick top- sold to upgrade

'82 turbo coupe- sold

'82 turbo coupe- stolen

'82 turbo coupe- 5yr project, never finished- sold

'81 turbo coupe- parts car for above, scrapped

'83 turbo coupe- parts car for above, sold

'83 coupe (second owner)- current

'82 turbo coupe- parts car, scrapped

'83 turbo 2+2- parts car, scrapped

9 280zx in 16 years, Not bad...There was also a black on black '89 300zx turbo between the two '82 turbo coupes.

Tony D, you're disgusting, in a good way.

In owning all those S130 designs did you ever think about building one for a project?

I'm still pretty certain with how cheap they are to get a hold of, if the smog year was pushed farther up these S130 cars would make amazing budget racers. Maybe not for drag so much, for autox and road racing for sure. Main issue is just getting the soft springs out, and replacing all the rubber.

I agree with you and TonyD is awesome!

I've owned two. My very first, was back in 1996/97 a sweet super clean 83zxt. LOVED that Z! Until, a dumb female hit me so hard, that it totaled my car. With a broken heart, I put it away in storage... Next was a 83ZX, but it had the interior colors that I was looking for. Figured, maybe... some day, the motor could be swapped. Back then, it was the thing to do with the 240Z's. Now after 10yrs, I still have it and she IS a ZXT.

Donna

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 1980zx 2x2 that i got for free with title but, it dosent run at all. going to us it a a parts car.

81 zxt that i use as a daily driver and work on it every weekend!!! Hopefully ill be able to paint it soon. Primer white only looks ok for a bit.

81zxt

5 speed tranny swap

tokico 2in lowering kit

cusco strut bars.

15in centerline rimz

kakimoto muffler brought back when i transfered from japan

red to black interior

80 to 130 mph guge swap.