HybridZ

Most desireable 240z colors????

BIGJIM

Im picking up a 1970 240z thats in excellent shape. I plan to gut it to a shell and do a complete paint job, inside and out! The original color is dark green and the plan is to build a car that will be worth every penny that i put into it and more. It will have a stock look with the exception of a lowered stance, wheels and aftermarket front valance/spoiler. Ive seen 1970 240z's got for 12-15k on ebay and i want to get top dollar for it some day when i sell it. My last 240z i painted orange, one before that was red. Looking for opinions!!

I did this car last winter

Picture048.jpg

I guess it depends on what audience you are going for. The older guys that are paying top dollar and are more of collectors instead of drivers are gonna remember the cars they wanted as kids. And in that case the vintage Datsun colors are where its at. Burnt Orange, Lime green etc.

I dont get it

Seriously? The color that "everyone" thinks of as being 'best' for a Z car. Kind of like a standard of sorts methinks.

I personally vote for silver. Boring? Maybe. Understated? Perhaps. Stealthy yet classy? Most certainly!

"Silver"....say it with me now, "Silver"....

Davy