HybridZ

high beams stuck on

David87LS

My headlights are in the high beams on regardless of the position of the switch. I wiggle the switch and notice no flickering so I am not compelled to think it is the switch. I went to the FSM and discover a thing called a "combination switch" which by the looks of it looks like a relay. But where is this switch located. The troubleshooting page refers to this switch if the symptoms are as I am experiencing. Any helpers out there? Oh and where can I get one of these switches?

It mat be your lighting relay or your lighting switch depending on the following:

Realy test high beam comes on when lighting switch is set to 2nd position (H) (L) terminals of harness connector with test lead.

Switch test High beam comes on when (5), (6), (7), (8) and (9) terminals of harness connector to combination switch are connected witb test lead

Guest durableswedish

mine does this too. when you take the cover off that is behind the wheel (4 screws) the relay behind it has a metal leaf that is bent too much and the gap keeps the high beams on. I just jammed a little piece of metal in between it to complete the circuit and it keeps the high beams off. A better thing to do would be to take that metal piece off and bend it back to its original position to touch the other piece of metal...hope that helps!