HybridZ

LS_1 JTR Radiator Question

The LS_1 is in and running in my 1978 280Z. I received the JTR (Stealth) radiator today and have it mounted in the Z. Brackets provided worked well and everything fit as hoped. NOW the hard part. Does anyone have any information on what hoses to use. I have the T and reducer that was provided by JTR, but no clue on where to begin with the hoses. Any information would helpful !!!!

Thanks in advance

4642_thumb.attach

4643_thumb.attach

4644_thumb.attach

Is that the PCM sitting on the fender well? It will be too for the PCM to be mounted there and expose to the heat from the exhaust manifold. I hope you are not mounting the PCM there permanent. Other than that verything looks great.

Sorry I couldn't provide the PN for the hoses. I bought several hoses from the parts store and pieced it together and returned the unused hoses. for my swap GL

From my swap notes, pulled off old posts here. This cross references the Summit Racing part numbers and I believe Goodyear numbers.

Summit part # GTR-61099 (upper rad hose)

Summit part # GTR- 61609 (lower rad hose)

“I used the stock 98 LS1 Z28 bottom hose and a Gates 22358â€

61099 - (235) lower

61609 - (913) upper

That is the PCM sitting on the fender well. It was the only space I could find. I hope it is OK. I thought about running a tube thru the front and pull air in to help cool it. If necessary, even a small blower.
PCM looks odd - looks much thinner than mine? Where are the fins? What year is the motor?

The stock Delphi ECM is normally mounted in the engine bay - it can handle the heat. You will obviously need to protect those wires though.

It will help clean up your engine bay even more if you run the harness thru the fire wall and keep the PCM inside the car IMO. The wires to your PCM will melt if you don't wrap them with some type of insulations if you leave it like that. Another thing is you can flip the fuel rail and eliminate the hoses running accross the fire wall too. GL.

V.

PS. here is a picture

2079260_334_full.jpg