HybridZ

Paid a reputable shop to install supercharger on my C6 :(

2003z

I know I should have done it myself, but they were very reputable, and I had it sitting in the box in the garage for 2 and a half months without time to do it myself. Never again.

I took the car to a lapping day in Alabama, 3 hours from home, and it died on the first lap.

Turns out the power wires for the boost a pump were secured improperly and shorted out my fuel system. I'm not sure what else is messed up at this point. Since I wasn't sure where to even start the troubleshooting, I towed it to MTI racing and they are going over the whole thing and retuning it from the start for me.

The bolts that the wire is secured under are part of the tunnel plate, a structural piece that stiffens the chassis and insulates the exhaust from the cabin.

294169905.jpg

294169903.jpg

That just ggggrrrreeeeat. I learned to work on my own car because of cost and workmanship. I gotta tell you it seems very difficult to find any good work in any industy from people anymore! Crap what i want to say is to political!! Peace to the quality man you are.

i have worked as a tech in a few shops.auto repair has a shortage of good techs.why?low pay.if a tech is smart enough to know how all the systems on a modern car works they are smart enough to get a higher paying job.the owner of that shop probably bid the job too low.the techs get payed by the job-the tech was probably out of time.the flat rate pay system for techs doensnt really work anymore/

That is a very good point randy. If i might add, from the top....down. A company attitude and work is hired and fired by the top. It is a DIRECT relationship! There can be a new guy, but the employies will reflect managment up to the ceo to the board and owner. How the "boss" will handle it will enlighten you to how he "is" the company. I know it is hard to find good labor today, but it is up to "boss" to make his virtues reflect in his employies.

That being said, sorry once again and may the your hp always stick to the pavement!! P.S. I have not forgot about those bad custormers but that dose not give excuse to the company.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Good luck with the fix. Let us know if they cover the damages.
I plan on doing a partial chargeback on my credit card once I find out the damages.

This shop also lowered my wife's '07 Tahoe at the same time, left out some pieces and then lied to me about it when I asked them on 3 separate occassions if they installed the self levelling rods. Twice when asked, the owner said he did the install and put them in, then when I picked up the old parts and asked where the old ones were, he said they were damaged and he threw them out. Then when I contacted the suspension company, the shop said the owner didn't do the install because he went home sick, and the guy that did finish it didn't know how to install them, so he just left them out. Methinks, they just didn't have them, as they had to be drop shipped to me from the mfgr, and I finished the install.

Wow Mike,

Hopefully MTI can get the C6 back running right. I know the issue you had with the body shop, now this. You and Warren convince me to do my electric stuff on the Z. I am beginning to do my own work on the C5 !!!! Good Luck, and keep Vengeance in mind if MTI can not fix the vette.

Mike, Sorry to hear you have had so much trouble!

That is definitely a bad job on the wiring!

Whenever you need some extra hands fixing or installing stuff just let me know.

I hardly trust any shop working on my cars. Even changing tires...

Hope it gets worked out and that your vette is fine!

Dan

not reported to BBB, but did just start the dispute process with credit card today. I wanted to wait until car was fixed by new place, but they just found another problem today. My 60 days with credit card for disputes ends tomorrow, so we started the process.

From the time I picked it up, it squealed really bad. The original shop said my power steering pump was going out. I tightened the belt, and it reduced, but didnt' go away. New shop said its coming from the crank pulley. It was supposed to have been pinned, but I'm not sure what the real problem is at this point, because I am in Brazil. My wife said it needed a new crank shaft, but at 280 for parts, and 5 hours labor, I think she is a little confused. Its probably the pulley itself, but I guess I will find out monday after I get home.

I only know I am getting really frustrated, as this is supposed to be my daily driver, and although I've only run the Z for 30 minutes on a racetrack in the last year, I feel like I have driven it more than the vette.

Once again, if you want it done right, do it yourself!