HybridZ

Door closing problem

mr jdm

I read the above sticky, but here is my problem. I have a 77 280z, its rhd, from japan.

My passanger side door, left side, will not close. Its closed now but it took me 30 minutes of playing with it to get it catch around the body latch. Im new to owning an old Z, any suggestions on what parts to replace and where to get them from?

You didn't give a good description of the problem. Here's what mine was doing: Slam the door, didn't catch. slam, slam slam slam............. finally caught. over and over this would happen. I took off the door panel and found that the adjuster was not allowing for the latch to close all the way. So I loosened it. It shuts with the greatest of ease now.

Yea when I go close the door its slam slam slam door bounces back. Close it lightly and it sounds like it catches but you can just lightly grab the door and get it to un latch.

Sounds like some adjusting would just take care of it, when I take the car apart il see what I can do, thanks for the help dskub.