HybridZ

Heard from JSK?

• 4 weeks later...

I contacted Juan back in Sept. for a set of front and rear caliper brackets and a set of 3/8" wheel spacers (2 sets each) we reached a price of $1690.00, paid him in full on 10/9/07. He said he would be completed in 2 weeks. Didn't hear from him for 6weeks, called and e-mailed for a week before he called and said I would have everything by the end of the week..6 more weeks go by no info from him, he calls me to say that he was in porto rico, sorry for the delay and that I would have my order by the end of that week. 6 weeks later and 42 e-mails and 6 voice mails to him, he e-mails with 'The project is completed' and needs my address, e-mail my address...4 weeks and 2 e-mails with ?'s has my order been shipped....NO REPONSE....Send e-mail to him demanding all my parts that I sent him for HIS research and developmet; 1: 4pot wilwood caliper,,1: modern motorsports aluminum hub with brgs.,,1: complete 300zx axle with companion flange and brgs,,and 1: 13" cobra rotor...along with my complete order NOT A PARTIAL ORDER or a complete refund of my $. to be delivered 2/8/08 (6 days to do this) STILL NO RESPONSE. But what I did get was a box marked 5 pounds and was torn open (my box of parts to him wighed 52 pounds) This pakage was returned by the mail carrier who said ' This box does not wieght 5 pounds and is damaged..I will send back' Still no response. I have contacted the local police in his town along with the New York State Bureau Of INTERNET Investigations. BEWARE OF JSK!!!

I too ordered from Juan and got my parts reasonably quickly, although the transaction was not what I would call perfect. He was developing his 12.2" rear disk brake kit at the time and after my parts were delivered he posted here saying that they "might not" work without wheel spacers. Soon after that he dropped off the Hybrid Z radar for quite a while. I still haven't bolted them on, but I have no problem using a wheel spacer if I have to. This could have been a very big issue for someone else though.

On the upside, the parts appear to be of good quality, plus I was able to piece together an entire braking system for many hundreds of dollars less than the Arizona Z Car or Modern Motorsports alternatives. Juan only recently came back to our forum and does not seem to be a "regular".

The issue we sometimes have with parts suppliers is that Z cars are such a small aftermarket that big time parts suppliers don't want to bother. The "little guy" shops that do work with us don't have a lot of capital to get started and may not be able to absorb financial losses well. I have no idea what happened with Glenn's order, and I hope his situation gets taken care of quickly, but I get the feeling that if a couple grand worth of parts were lost in transit that it might be difficult for Juan to simply write a check to replace those parts. Glenn, please let us know how it gets resolved. Hopefully the parts were sent with some sort of insurance and if nothing else a refund might be had through USPS.

I have in the past, about a year ago bought a fuel rail and tb spacer from Juan, He does have a good line of qaulity items. So that is the reason that I contacted him to do the project, plus before the second plee for him to contact me (the 2nd 6 wks) he did send me some pictures of a job that was using my rotor and caliper. And they were very complementing and pleasing to at least see somthing going on (progress) and cooled me down to wait alittle while longer. At first he was in contact with me about once a week till the first 4 weeks had passed, than it really slowed down. I posted here this morning and this afternoon Juan sent me a e-mail stating he had received the RETURN package and that it alarmed him because my caliper, 2 rear brackets and 4 wheel spacers were shipped in that box and as I suspected he found it empty.....so his text said that he was going to get his local post office to investgate. What happens now??? Seems that the longer this saga goes on the worse it gets. Strange though since october I have ordered a set of CHI heads and intake from Aust. and recieved them in 8 weeks..a new set of Modern Motorsport hubs(that had to be made according to Ross) received them in 6weeks Thanks Ross I know a problem child..I called ALOT he was working ,out of town, a 6spd VIPER SPEC trans from PRO-MOTIONS in Fla. received in 2weeks. And had a full tube frame built for the new Z project in 4weeks plus powder coated. After His e-mail today I feel a little guilty about posting this morning...Maybe more communication and a real dead line or completion date and not pay in full up front and I wouldn't feel the way I do now(feel like he got the $ and pit me on the back burner due to the distance between Albany NY and Atlanta). You can check with anyone that I have bought from here IE; John Coffee bought his first fiberglass zx hood, because I put in for one and paid up front and he said 'You didn't ask?'s you just paid' and Mister Ross I've bought several items from him. Anyways as things progress here, I will let you know ,,and I know that Juan has been around for while and that he does have a good past as a vendor. Maybe this is just ONE OF THOSE THINGS that wasn't supose to happen.

Well is has been 6 days since I had to refuse a box from Juan. I received a e-mail from Juan asking did know anything about the box being empty except for an enveope which he had put in the box, and that he found the box being empty 'VERY ALARMING' and that he was going to check in with the local post office to see what happened. And he said that my wilwood caliper was in the box along with 4 wheel spacers and 2 caliper brackets....and that these were 'VERY EXPENSE'. Think he for got that I'm the one who paid for them to begin with?? Now back to the post office...think anybody there will come forward and say that they are the guilty party?? And now it seems as thuogh there is another excuse for the slow down with JUAN in getting what belongs to me and what I have paid for and have been waiting for, for over 4 months...keep in mind he told me in the begining that this would only take 2 weeks. And in the same 'LOST' e-mail he says that he has sent 3 boxes; 2 postal and one ups....HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY MORE and he has not given me traking #'s to hepl track or even to see if he really has sent anything through ANY carriers. Well guess his local police dept. and the NY State police will handle things from this point on...All e-mails and copies of postal money orders(empty box and these are being entered as mail fraud)have all been forwarded to these 2 agencies. Waiting for replies from both.

Its extremely late right now I haven't read all the topics. I was just googling JSK Nissan.

Glenn the package first sent was torn open. I am in the process of working with the US Post Office in retrieving these items. It will take some time hoping they gather things up lost in transits and have it sent to their dead mail department. I have the other packages on their way.

I would appreciate that this forum would be updated once every ones receives their items and other related topics. I have had very good dealings and with the machining business things do get backed up. Its simply from running out of stock and having to replenish. The market fluctuates and I'm simply trying my best.

Les I have sent your remaining items out to Australia several days ago. I have worked with Les in gathering up rotors calipers hubs and misc items to complete his front wilwood setup on his 280zx.

- Juan

Wow Les looks like you will get your wilwood set up before mine.And I supplied my own rotor and caliper. Like to know what pieces you are using. And Juan how about the other 2 pakages you claimed to have sent USPS and UPS they have not arrived and how about some tracking numbers? And I will keep this thread updated. You have promised my order 3 different imes and the last time you ' Project completed and will ship this week' the date 1/3/08. So when are you going to send me my order, just answer here. And my project will wieght more than the posted 5 pound box that you sent and had been opened...Should wieght closer to 60 pounds.

Wow Les looks like you will get your wilwood set up before mine.And I supplied my own rotor and caliper. Like to know what pieces you are using. And Juan how about the other 2 pakages you claimed to have sent USPS and UPS they have not arrived and how about some tracking numbers? And I will keep this thread updated. You have promised my order 3 different imes and the last time you ' Project completed and will ship this week' the date 1/3/08. So when are you going to send me my order, just answer here. And my project will wieght more than the posted 5 pound box that you sent and had been opened...Should wieght closer to 60 pounds.

Glenn the package was a flat rate box. It actually weighed around 12-13 pounds. I just simply posted 5 pounds because it didnt matter and I did not have to weigh it.

I have emailed the finished project photos and for anyone else who wants to see the project that I have done for Glenn please visit www.jskinnovations.com/glenn280zx.htm

It did take time I admit and I do apologize . I apologize as well that the first shipment did not make it with the custom work but an empty box. The package had been torn open at the flap and Im working my best to retrieve the articles. I called 1 800 ASK USPS and notified them of the missing pieces. If I (we) cannot retrieve these pieces we'll have to work something out even if its not my fault directly due to the shipping handling of USPS.

Les did not buy custom work but Wilwood adapters that I had to replenish. I went out of my way to supplie him with hardware from PitStopUSA and tracked down some 280z hubs for the project as well as getting a new 280zx master cylinder.

Glenn your items are in the mail all of it. 3 different boxes as I did not want to throw everything in one box due to the weight and the metal custom work. I wanted to break it down as courtesy and providing less abuse on the package due to their weight.

John Ill take care of you. Though Im not the richest guy in the world Im known to be very selfless. Let me know how I can help you. I know you wanted the rear Wilwood adapters to clear oem offset wheels. Lets work something out my friend. My email is jskmachining@yahoo.com. Simply trade in the old setup and Ill charge you the difference in our newer design. I did this with another customer in Arizona named Mike Mileski.

- Juan

The last of the parts for my front brake upgrade kit from JSK arrived yesterday, and WOW they look beautiful, these machined parts look like works of art. It will be a shame to hide them behind wheels, calipers, discs, etc.. Definetly worth the wait.

I did not mean for this thread to be a "have a shot at Juan" forum. I was genuinely concerned for his well being when I didn't here from him for a while.

Juan has always been friendly and is prepared to go out of his way to help. The quality of his parts is second to none and they are exceptional value for money.

Being in business myself I know how hard it is to get things done over the silly season, as everyone takes some time off. So I think that Juan should be excused for taking a little longer on jobs where he relies on other people during this period.

Les