HybridZ

If an Admin asks you to follow the rules...

RTz

• Administrators

The Administration has rules in effect to help this forum run smoothly and professionally. They are not negotiable. Part of an Admins job is upholding those rules.

If an Admin/Moderator reminds you of the rules or asks you to adhere to them, we expect cooperation. If you thumb your nose, action will result... there is no reason to be surprised.

Thank You,

HZ Staff

• 2 weeks later...

Also, If you post something we think is inappropriate or "flaming", We're gonna delete your post. This isn't free speech. It's the internet. Dan Porter OWNS this site and can dictate as he will. If you want to get in a pissing contest with someone, take it offline. Do it in public forum and you will be banned for an unspecified period of time to be decided by the administrative staff.

Mike

I want to clarify something here - Mike's post above is of course to be taken in a general sense - flaming will get you banned.

But what we have absolutely no tolerance for is public flaming of an admin or moderator. This is gestapo rule here, nothing close to democracy.

I've posted about my idea of what HybridZ is and will repeat it here to show you why I wrote what I did above. Please try to keep this metaphor in mind when you are visiting HybridZ:

HybridZ is like a house party thrown by a friend or a friend's friend. You show up with eats and something to drink, but the host has already provided a ton of that stuff. Everyone is behaving in a mature manner, being nice, being tactful, not stepping on toes, but adding to the conversations in a respectful, sharing, helpful manner. Everyone is smiling or maybe not smiling because they are so intent on describing in great detail how they did something very technical. But after they are done, they are smiling, cordial, humble.

No one is puffing their chest out, trying to act like the big dog. If they do, they get uncomfortable looks from all around and they cut it out.

The idiot that is a friend of one of the house-owner's friends is not watching his tongue, and just blurts out flames or is arrogant, etc., and gets his butt shown to the door.

The super idiot is the one that picks a verbal or physical fight right there in front of everyone with the house owner or one of his family (I.e., the admins/moderators)

So, who do you want to be? One of the pleasant, interesting crowd, or the chest-puffer, idiot that flames, or the super idiot that picks a fight with the people HOSTING the party?

You decide - the consequences are clear - act like an idiot and you WILL be shown the door.

If this little metaphor above doesn't work for you, maybe something more authoritarian will work. Think of this place as like a country under martial law. We have our rules and we enforce them by penalty of ban. It's unlawful for us to kill, so we just ban and block people if they willfully step out of line too many times - or they flame a government official (admin or moderator) in public.

Back to your regularly scheduled tech talk!! ;)