HybridZ

71 240z auto to manual swap

Guest rjfoo

So is this a complete list and correct list?

starter motor

clutch

flywheel

preasure plate

bellhousing

throwout bearing

trans mount

Master and slave cylinders, tube

pedals (brake and clutch)

The only part I question is the starter. Is that because the OP asked about a 280ZX into a Z? Or is the starter different between auto and manual?

I'll need to know for sure as I'm buying the swap parts from the same guy I'm buying the car from. I need to make sure I get everything that will be required.

The starter will swap over between auto and manual trannys. The pedal box for an automatic has the bolt holes for the clutch pedal and if you have the brake and clutch pedal you can use the pedal box from the auto. You'll need the pivot bolt. I'm not sure it is possible to swap it into the car without removing the pedal box. To remove and reinstall the pedal box, you must remove the dash and drop the steering column. Sounds like a lot of work but it really isn't that bad, a few hours.

Yeah I'm not worried about the dash removal. This also won't be my first auto to manual swap, just my first one in an S30.

I am making sure that I have all (or most) of the parts needed when I get the car shipped, as I wouldn't want to have to source out the more difficult parts to find half way through the swap. ;)

• 2 weeks later...