HybridZ

Got a new Z :)

240hoke

Hey,

Yea the 350z car has Low beam HID's . I'm pretty disappointed by them so far though I think they may by aimed to low or something but i haven't played around with them yet. The 06's have H/L HID's.

You're right about the older e36's they are really getting to be a bargain and they are nice driving cars. You can get one in great shape for less then 5 grand. I never had any maintenance issues with mine either, I have never had an m3 though. My buddy had a e36 m3 which he put 10K into required maintence the last year he owned it (water pump coming apart, compressor exploded, took out steering pump etc.) he gave up and sold it to buy a 350z lol he now has 580rwhp too.

As far as the e46m3 mmm mmm I love them. The horsepower freaks M3 turbo kit is truly something else. NASTY numbers.

Austin, I loved the S4. I had an AMS chip (310/300) with Intrax coil overs and sway bars. It was a true sleeper and was a blast to drive. However, it was a maintenance NIGHTMARE. It was in the shop 24 days in a 6 month period.

I would have LOVE to have held onto the car longer, but owning that thing out of warranty would have been a fool's gamble.

tell you what... i'll trade you a 73 s30, about 8% of the way towards your blue car, for your 330, you know, just to take it off your hands..

I love the 350 though, it's taken a while to grow on me, but I really am starting to like them.

also, your '71 is my favorite z of any.

hey, congrats, and i will tell you the thing that will most surprise you is just how easy it is to drive everyday, ive owned audis, toyotas, nissans, and a few gms and i LOVE my 350z as a DD, and i use it for work, and im a sales manager so i travel a TON. mine is a 6speed and it is a BLAST. really a tremendous car. I wouldnt go back.

Hey Austin, that's a nice daily driver! My friend drove me around in his '03 (I think) 350Z with an aftermarket exhaust and some other minor mods, and from a Z fan's point of view it was a nice ride. I didn't like it as much as I like the E46 coupe that we have in the family (323Ci, 170HP, 5 speed), but you won't need much more than that. I'm not sure why you heard such horror stories about the S4s. When heavily tuned they may be a pain in the a** to maintain, but otherwise I can't see why a slightly modified 2,7 Biturbo would be difficult and expensive to keep running. I may be biased because I'm in Europe, but then again, the parts for these cars aren't cheap here either.

Yasin, the US market received the E36 M3 which wasn't in fact an M3, but a pepped-up 328i with some engine and suspension mods. Engine wise, the European version performs much better, considering it can have either 286 or 321HP. As you know, the E46 is even faster, but in fact there were the engine problems that you mentioned. As far as I know, the faulty series of engines ended with the '04 model year, so with the newer cars you shouldn't have to worry about potential engine failures. I've driven the Euro E46, and to me this is the limit of a daily driveable car - it has the comfort and the punch in a beautiful package, and with the E92 in the market now the prices should drop a bit in the next few months (if they hadn't already).

A few days ago my dad bought a 2000 Audi A6 Avant (wagon) with a 4,2 liter V8 with 5 valves per cylinder, and boy does it go! It's VERY quick for a car of its size (and it's an automatic!), it feels VERY stable, it's also very well equipped and comes with lots of luggage space. Looks like we've got a perfect all-round daily driver... It was cheap too (dunno how much they cost in the States).

I filled in the stock Nissan with bondo and then laid chrome vinyl over that and trimmed it so it blends into the edge. Then I laid the Datsun vinyl on top of that... it turned out pretty nice. The red and blue is vinyl as well.From more then a foot away it looks like the stock emblem.