HybridZ

Paint the hood black or leave it red

BayAreaZT

Red or Black?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Red or Black?

• Leave hood and airdam red
    • Paint hood and airdam black

just save for a carbon hood. so that way you dont have to say something like " it looks cool " or.. " to make it look faster " if someone asks why you painted it black. In los angeles I see 3-5 ricer cars a day driven by older men (usually hispanic looking, ps. i am hispanic). They probably bought them for pennies off the teenagers who felt embarrassed after making them look funky years ago after seeing 2 fast 2 furious.

I just get a bad vibe from the whole want the " go faster look "when I see cars. Your car looks great the way it is and has some good parts. I would save some bucks and make the car perform even better and get a carbon hood and hatch if wanted the " go faster look ". It'll cost a pretty penny for carbon fiber, but once it's done. it's done.

• 2 months later...

When you paint one part of your car, it does not make that part look better. What it does is make the other parts look worse. I'd say clean the whole thing good, apply some Meguires (http://www.meguiars.com) all over, and wait till you can afford a proper paint job.

BTW, it looks great the way it is, maybe just some Armor-All on those wheels

The problem is after I spend a whole day hitting it with a polisher it will look good but after a month or two the hard water spots will come back. It's getting to the point where the paint is getting thin at certain spots. I just don't have the time to polish the car every month with a infant son in the house.

I'm gonna try and polish it one more time and use a good synthetic wax this time instead of carnuba. It's really not bothering me as much these days beacause I finally got my R/T mount installed and the car is running good. :burnout:

• 4 weeks later...