HybridZ

4.3L Roll call

AlwaysBroke

I've heard a lot of people talking about doing a Chevy 4.3L conversion. I finnished putting one in about two years ago, and I've not found anyone else that has actually done this. So, if anyone has id like to hear basicly how you went about it and what your impressions are with how it turned out.

As for mine, it was a fairly straight forward instalation. I used a crossmember made by Speedway Motors that the motor mounts bolted to. I bolted this to the "frame rails" in the engine compartment, and the exact spot that I wanted it had the steering column right in the way. So I drilled a hole in the crossmember and welded a tube going through it for support and I feeded the steering column through it. I bought the radiator a little tall and sloped it back to make it fit. Now getting the headers to fit was a fun job. I spent two days with an Oxy-Acetylene torch bending them down to clear the fire wall and I still ended up having to cut a chunk out of the corner of the transmission tunnel.

The motor has .60 overbore, comp cam lifters and rockers, malory distributor, and a Demon carb. Ive been spending alot of time trying to tune the carb, it seems to be a little over carburated. I like the mod, it has a lot of power wile still maintaining a very light weight and greatly improving on the weight distribution.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have a 4.3 in my s10 blazer and im almost done with my rear mount turbo on it. its got vortec heads, cam, edelbrock intake, 454 tbi. Im hoping for around 400hp and a 12 sec 1/4 mile. I talked to a guy who said he saw 9s on a 4.3 and it was the stock bottom end.

• 2 weeks later...