HybridZ

New 8-Spokes? (Xxr 513)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol honestly theyre probably better than rotas....its kinda hard not to be....

erm...but i digress.

it all depends, what are you using the car for? if its looks, then the weight shouldnt be too bad, but if you're into function over fashion (like myself) i'd get something a bit lighter, even though itll cost more....

I much prefer these over the 002s imo. Most of my driving will be daily stuff, with a hint of track. Id doubt my skills would let me feel that .7 of a pound per corner in the unsprung weight department, or that itd be enough of a difference for me to honestly care much.

My only concern is about them clearing my 4x4 vented caliper swap.

(And tbh a big complaint i had about the 002s are those fake little plastic nuts that they use to try and make it look like a multi piece rim, unattractive and ive heard they fall of fairly easy)

I also like the 513's but am not sure if they will fit my car, so I asked them and here is what I got for an answer:

"Sorry, I don't know. It's tricky to say 5/8" but how far away are you measuring from the center of the hub. that is a lot of work and measurement. My guess is they won't fit because those spokes are design to have a flat look so brake caliper clearance is begin sacrifice to get that look. Regards"

What I asked was the following:

"I am writing you because I am interested in your 16 X 7 XXR 513 Staggered wheel AE86 Miata Datsun Rims Black rims with the +15 offset and the 4 X 114.3 (4.5) pattern.

I have a 77 Datsun 280Z that needs new rims but I have a problem with over sized brakes all the way around. So the million dollar question is whether or not your rims will clear my brakes.

What I need is about 5/8" of clearance from the wheel stud mounting pad to the inside of the spokes. I need this space about 1" out from the wheel studs."

So until someone gets a set I have to say that I am not sure about these rims. However I still like the way they look, so I will have to wait and see what happens!

HB280ZT

• 2 months later...

wearedriverz in this post talks about his XXR 513 purchase with lots of pictures. Here is a picture he took of the inside of the wheel. He should know if there are any clearance issues. His wheels are 15x8. I want the 16x8's. I've been looking at these for a while. Once someone else does all the homework I'll get them. :) It's looks like there is plenty of room for the calipers.

img085.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16-8-Sportmax-wheel-Miata-AE86-scion-xb-rims-513-Black_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43955QQihZ018QQitemZ280195683249

Anyone seen or have experience with these? Might be a good option vs the 002s, look almost like the rota rbs or something. Even better anyone have pictures on a Z car?

513BK8H581mini.jpg

513BK8H582mini.jpg

Sideways did you get these wheels?

allaboutdaz

We need pictures and more information about size of rims and tires!!

HB280ZT

Agreed. I have also been waiting to see some pictures of the 513's mounted on a Z. For a street driven car, these should be some good wheels. We should take note of brake and suspension setups to see what will fit.

No one seems to have pictures of them mounted on an early Z. :(

I know that the 16x8 wheels only come in zero offset, and that 225/50/16 tire fit under the car but there are rubbing issues on the rear fenders over hard bumps with a stock ride height.

Rolling the lips seems to be a necessity.

I know that the 16x8 wheels only come in zero offset, and that 225/50/16 tire fit under the car but there are rubbing issues on the rear fenders over hard bumps with a stock ride height.

These look like the same wheels - imported from US to Oz by a member who can't recall what brand they are - loved 'em on a US car so had his mate send him a set. Offset = 0.

I am after a set with a similar look, but want some neg offset to better fill ZG flares.

These don't have enough for me

Thinking to import also if I can find the right wheels.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2230.0;attach=2429;image

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2230.0;attach=2433;image

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2230.0;attach=2431;image

Sorry about the links - should be OK now. These look like the same wheels - 16x7, 16x8 with 0 offset.

reverendzed03bx0.th.jpg

wheels1it7.th.jpg

reverendzed02pn3.th.jpg

reverendzed01de6.th.jpg