HybridZ

700R4 question...

Mikelly

I mentioned earlier that I have a 700R4 in the truck. Other than the filter and fluid, what maintenance is there to do? Mine has started to slip slightly but is there an adjustment for it, like with the older style trans...tightening the band???

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest Anonymous

Mike, this may not be the answer you are lookin for, but I have a 700r in my 89 gmc jimmy s15, and after the last service it seemed to be slipping ever so slightly,and i poured in a can of "TRANS-MEDIC" and believe it or not, it shifts better than it has since I got the truck, and no more slipping, even when it slides into 4th. I have put about 2500 miles on it since then with no more problems. For under 5 bucks, go for it ...

------------------

74 260, early 350,K.B.pistons,edelbrock manifold,carb,and cam,202 cast iron heads.Let the transformation begin.

Sounds like good advice. I also need to extract about a pint of fluid out. Seems to be a little too full, but I'll correct that at the same time I put the TRANS MEDIC in!

Thanks!

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Mike, That trans medic does work pretty good.

It is a synthetic lube (regular trans fluid is not a good lubricant) You may try tightening up the TV (kickdown)cable. This

cable controlls the firmness of the shifts and also what point the trans shifts down into a lower gear in relation to throttle

position and engine vaccume. Move the cable in VERY SMALL incriments to get it adjusted just the way you like..

Myron