HybridZ

My Z32 406 project...need help in NC or SC

Here's my project. Bought the car from a performance shop awhile back. My progress is below, but now I am at a stand still. I don't have alot of time to work on and finish the car. But every shop I talk to here locally wants an arm and aleg to finish it because they have never seen one before. The car is so close to finishing it makes me sick. If anyone is local to Wilmington NC, please help a brotha out lol!!!

Bought it............DSC03865.jpg

Put rims on it.........

300zxrightsideshot2.jpg

Towed it to the shop.........

IMAGE_00258.jpg

Ripped the Twin Turbo motor and trans out...........

300zxv8.jpg

Started fabbing.............

IMAGE_00245.jpg

Test fitted an engine............

IMAGE_00243.jpg

Engine and trans mounts ready.........

IMAGE_00262.jpg

Built a SBC 406 for it..........

IMAGE_00318.jpg

Bolted the 406 and 700R4 in it............

CAM_2259.jpg

Rolled it outside............

CAM_2258.jpg

Now it sleeps beside a V8 rx-7 waiting to be finished.....

IMAGE_00265.jpg

HEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!

Guest 91crxsir

yeah what all do you need help with? I am in south carolina. I would be willing to help you get that thing up and running if you will take me for a ride in it after the motor is broke in lol.

yeah what all do you need help with? I am in south carolina. I would be willing to help you get that thing up and running if you will take me for a ride in it after the motor is broke in lol.

Just need someone to finish it off. All it needs is minor things like, intake manifold, driveshaft, radiator and hoses, wiring, things like that. And no trans tunnel massaging needed here.

Guest 91crxsir

Well give me a call sometime and I can see about one weekend taking off work and coming up there to help you out. The number is 843-422-3933. We can see about getting that bad boy up and running for you. Or if you are interested in selling lmk lol.

Bobby

Well give me a call sometime and I can see about one weekend taking off work and coming up there to help you out. The number is 843-422-3933. We can see about getting that bad boy up and running for you. Or if you are interested in selling lmk lol.

Bobby

If you are serious about buying it, I will cut you a pretty good deal on the whole package. Plus I have a TON of things that would come with the sale. I will probably end up buying another Supra and just sticking to bolt on from now on lol. I would love to finish this car, just don't have the time. Blake

Guest 91crxsir

oh yeah I am very interested in buying if the price is good. Give me a call or drop me a pm with what you are looking to get and we can go from there. It really looks like a great start on an awesome car.

oh yeah I am very interested in buying if the price is good. Give me a call or drop me a pm with what you are looking to get and we can go from there. It really looks like a great start on an awesome car.

I will get a price together with all of the items that would come with the car. Just give me a day or so. I'll shoot you a pm when I get all of it together. Take care Blake

ok cool sounds good. Do you happen to still have the tt engine? A friend of mine was interested in swaping the tt into his n/a.

I sold the TT engine and trans along time ago. How serious are you about buying this thing? I ran into an old friend who works at a rather large performance shop in town that is willing and wants to finish the car. They feel some magazine coverage can come from it since they have had a couple other cars in mags before.

Guest 91crxsir

if its your dream to keep it and finish it go ahead. I just didn't want to see a great project car be forgot about and rust out with so many others. lol I can just work on droping a v8 in my z31. So finish it and enjoy driving that beast. But let me know if your heart becomes set on selling it.

if its your dream to keep it and finish it go ahead. I just didn't want to see a great project car be forgot about and rust out with so many others. lol I can just work on droping a v8 in my z31. So finish it and enjoy driving that beast. But let me know if your heart becomes set on selling it.

Not to take anything away from Hybrids but that is what would happen to this project most likely if I don't sell it now. I would most likely pull the engine and trans out and sell them. And just have the rolling chassis but up on blocks at my farm and keep the wheels for my next car. I will be the first one to say, if I could turn wrenches I would love to keep this car. But I can't and what troubles me also, is that even after the car is finished, their will be maintance issues that I will not be able to address. So with that being said. She is forsale for 5,500. below is a list of specs and other items that come with the car for that price. Pictures are obviously located above in the the post, but if you or someone would like to see more pictures, I have more. Thank you Blake

1990 300ZX TT with 406 SBC engine and built 700R4 auto transmission swap. Quick review of engine and transmission...406 SBC engine, Cast iron Vortec Fast Burn cast iron heads never touched. 1.6 roller rockers, hardened push rods, hydraulic lifters, Forged Eagle 4340 crankshaft, Forged Eagle H-beam 5.7 rods, 13.1 comp hyperpunetic SpeedPro pistons, balancer, Scat flywheel. 700R4 auto trans with shift kit, 3,000 rpm stall converter. This engine and trans combo was built to handle over 600hp.New Moda R8 wheels 18x8 front and 18x9 rear. BFG Force tires up front and BFG drag radials rear both front and rear BRAND NEW Never drove on. I have now found myself a new toy and do not have the interest to finish this one. THIS CAR IS NOT COMPLETED. The engine and transmission are mounted in the car. All that needs to be done now to finish the car is the following. Intake, carb, distributor, full exhaust, driveshaft, starter, radiator, water pump, hoses and wiring. If you message me with your email I will be more than happy to send you what pictures I have the progress so far on the car. Other items I have are.......

Brand New Chevy 302 .30 over forged Speed pro pistons

Brand New starter for SBC

Distributor and cap for SBC

Fuel injection manifold for LT-1 with TB and injectors

Brand New electric water pump

4 Brand new in boxes Power Stop bronze slotted rotors for the TT 90-96 300zx

Holley blue series fuel pump and regulator in box

Complete Interior to a 90-96 300zx Red in color

2 90-96 300zx front fenders

2 90-96 300zx rear tail lights with center section

2 90-96 300zx headlights and turn signals