HybridZ

280sx ( 240sx with L28 )

SR_man_49

Thanks guys, In that video I still had my timing way off. I got it all dailed in yesturday. She starts up very quickly and now idles :D, Just a few more things to work out then I will be driving it down the street! I've been working on this swap since June of '07.

Warren, I know pallnet beat me to it. Where both still working on them. Actually if it wasnt for pallnet I doubt it would be in the car right now.

• 3 weeks later...

I have my 3.2 long rod stroker with tipples on it :) In a 1990 240sx coupe :P All that is left is the throttle cable, heater hoses, exhaust and driveline :) btw what transmission did you and pallnet run ? I put a l series bellhousing on my ka trans and used a rb20det crossmember with stock 240z motor mounts and where it bolts in the shifter hole is farther back then when i had a ka in the car. so i had to cut a little bit.

I have my 3.2 long rod stroker with tipples on it :) In a 1990 240sx coupe :P All that is left is the throttle cable, heater hoses, exhaust and driveline :) btw what transmission did you and pallnet run ? I put a l series bellhousing on my ka trans and used a rb20det crossmember with stock 240z motor mounts and where it bolts in the shifter hole is farther back then when i had a ka in the car. so i had to cut a little bit.

NICE!!!!, Pallnet did the same thing you did and used a KA tranny. I used the N/A 5speed tranny and made some cuts to the stock ka tranny crossmember so it would work. The shifter sits perfectly in the car, and center with the stock shifter hole. :)

Although I've been having issue after issue with my L28. First my head cracked. Then for some reason I cant figure out. My new head wasnt getting any oil ( the lifters got oil ) but the cam didnt so it grinded its self all up and metal shavings where everywhere :(. at the same time I thing I blew a oil seal in my turbo.

• 10 years later...

I’m doing this swap to, but I’m having trouble figuring out what to do with the oil system. Do you know where to get an oil pan and an oil pan pick up? I can’t seem to find either one from a Nissan Maxima . I would cut and weld the oil pan to make it a front sump but I still need the oil pickup