HybridZ

Mike Kelly's Zcar Project

post-31627-0-66305300-1445605818_thumb.jpgpost-31627-0-27107100-1445605829_thumb.jpg

Something like this will be your tightest turn but would require removing what's there, I found 3/8, 1/2 & MIP to -10AN. I looked at a set of heads I have here and I'm sure you can remove the fittings without pulling the heads. The swivel fitting hose ends would be nicer if you can accommodate them and would eliminate two leak points. I have some of the 0-ringed swivel hose ends on my Jeep and they work really well.

post-31627-0-19286000-1445607303_thumb.jpgpost-31627-0-95037200-1445606341_thumb.jpg

What is in there now is likely one of these two varieties. Even if he used the o-ringed ends you can get fittings either to a 90 or as a 90 hose end. It depends on what is threaded into the head. I would pull those fittings or find out what the thread is and I think they could be sourced. I'm happy to look them up for you if you find out what you have.

post-31627-0-43125600-1445606617_thumb.jpgpost-31627-0-86805700-1445606617_thumb.jpg

These appear to be what you are asking for now. One of the photos is the tightest -10 female to -10 male as an adapter, the other a hose end. I don't know if that's close/tight enough to clear.

I found a lot of solutions in my books but most (and the tightest turns) would replace what's there either as a fitting or an end. Once we have an idea, I'll shoot you part numbers for whatever manufacturers make them. These photos are just a taste of what I found. If this isn't helpful, LMK.

Edited by jpndave

My solution for the head drains is running the lines (four -AN8s) into the -AN12 FEED line for the drysump.  It pulls the oil from the oil tank, so I'm thinking it'll pull any oil from the heads... Only issue is possibly pulling AIR?  Anyway, that's where I'm at so far... ordered some fittings to mock it all up.  I've got a call in to AC Nutter to discuss this to make sure I'm on the right track.

Mike

My solution for the head drains is running the lines (four -AN8s) into the -AN12 FEED line for the drysump.  It pulls the oil from the oil tank, so I'm thinking it'll pull any oil from the heads... Only issue is possibly pulling AIR?  Anyway, that's where I'm at so far... ordered some fittings to mock it all up.  I've got a call in to AC Nutter to discuss this to make sure I'm on the right track.

Mike

I have zero personal experience with drysump systems, however it sounds like tying a drain from the heads to the feed would likely introduce air into bubbles into the system. I would be worried about air pockets/cavitation, unless the system has some mechanism to separate air and oil. I would think that a gravity drain to the pan or tank would be safer. Again, I know nothing about nothing, I am interested to see what you come up with.

I'm not sure we are..  What I'm calling the suction side is the section that pulls oil from the motor and sends it to the tank.  The section that pulls oil from the tank and sends it to the motor is the pressure side.

But it may be a nomenclature thing.  Let us know what you find out, I'm interested.  This is the first setup I've seen with four head drains.  Is the valve area open to the valley or is it blocked off somehow?

Well the final word on the head drains, from the folks who made the pump and hardware for this kit, is nowhere... If I can't run them to the oil pan, then they can't be in the system.  A.C. said otherwise the balance of pressure is disturbed and the pump would not function properly.

So... I'm capping them for now, and will look at my options once I get the bits all bolted together to see if there is any room on the pan anywhere once the headers are on and the motor is in the car.  This pan comes right off without having to move the motor, so that won''t be an issue. 

Mike

Edited by Mikelly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...