HybridZ

Mike Kelly's Zcar Project

So here's the "short" list...

I'm getting a cam sensor error due to a bare pair of wires we found in a plug harness adapter (basically requires you to swap two of the wires and they just cut and soldered them) so I need to buy a new cam sensor and resolve the plug issue.

I need to put an alignment on the car big time and go over all the suspension fasteners juuuust to be safe.

Car needs a full exhaust fabricated so I'm sending it to Jamie Taylor in Richmond Va.

Car needs dyno tuning

Car needs a new traction control sensor.  I'm taking the old one to Jamie, to see if we can mod it or just order a new one.

That's about it for the moment.

Yesterday I managed to resolve the cam sensor issue (I think) and the clutch hydraulics (New Tilton Master Cylinder) and I realigned the front after installing the T3 Strut brace... While I was at it, I went ahead and checked the rears toe... all is good... I need to pull the new water pump and resolve a coolant leak on the passenger side port, Notch the louvers in the hood to clear the strut bar and put the airbox and front bumper back on it... Then it's into the car trailer and down to Richmond for a bit...Which is great because I have some work to do on this:

post-7-0-93132800-1451653508_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mikelly

Took the car to Jamie Taylor to address a few issues for me. I had a problem with an oil galley plug and fracture (Yup, you read that) that Jamie welded up, and then I had a list of other smaller items I wanted him to resolve for me... Jamie Is the man...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BANj7lCGOBC/

Car is running very well and I am really digging the progress. Jamie will resolve the exhaust system, and maybe address a few other items on the list.

Edited by Mikelly
  • Like 1

Paid the deposit (and then some) on the tune with MattShueTuning. I expect the car will make very solid safe and reliable power. Jamie is cleaning up a few other items, but I should have more news in the next few weeks about some special things coming up... This car is finally coming together and is going to have a major "coming out" announcement soon!!

• 5 weeks later...

Update:

The wiring harness for the LS package FAST sent me had issues... The IAC wiring had a couple wires that had shrinkwrap that never saw heat, apparently... And two of the wires touched and here we are with an issue with the ECU.  We shipped it back late last week and are awaiting a call from FAST. 

What's left for now is the exhaust needs completed, and then I have a list of other things I wanted Jamie to consider (cleaning up the air box and building the separation wall for the fuel cell) and possibly a little more aero work... This stuff is never "done" is it?  We've posted a bunch of video on my Mike's Hobby Shop FB page... Matt Shue has posted some as well, as has Jamie on the RiverCitySpeed page.

Mike

• 1 month later...

More notes for myself here...

GT 48 Curved Vane Rotor    Diameter: 12.88     Width: 1.25    Rotor Bolt Circle(s):  12 x 8.75 GT 48 Curved Vane Rotor GT-48-Curved-Vane-Rotor-12blt-med.jpg

GT 48 Curved Vane Rotor zoom.png GT-48-Curved-Vane-Rotor-12blt-dw-sm.jpg

GT 48 Curved Vane Rotor Drawing zoom.png

GT 48 Curved Vane Rotor Description

Wilwood's GT 48 Curved Vane Spec-37 rotors are manufactured from a proprietary iron alloy developed to withstand extreme temperatures with the highest possible degree of resistance against distortion, warping, cracking, and wear. The formulation for this alloy is a derivative of technology and materials that were significant in the development of the extreme duty military spec rotors that are manufactured by Wilwood. Every Spec 37 rotor is precision machined to less than .001" run-out, flatness, and parallelism. Combined with our proven GT Series asymmetrical face slot pattern and individual dynamic balancing, you are assured the smoothest, vibration free performance at any speed. These rotors provide the highest cooling capacity and longest service life for extreme braking short tracks and road course competition.

NOTE & CAUTIONS:
Premium grade, Spec-37 Heavy Wall Castings
     Ordering Information for GT 48 Curved Vane Rotor
  Info Rotor Style Bedded Rotor Type Vane Count Material Lug I.D. Far Side I.D. Price Part No
More Info Purchase   details.png GT Slotted N GT 48 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 9.46 $224.93
Call (805) 388-1188
  details.png GT Slotted Y GT 48 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 9.46 $284.93
Call (805) 388-1188
  details.png GT Slotted N GT 48 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 9.46 $224.93
Call (805) 388-1188
  details.png GT Slotted Y GT 48 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 9.46 $284.93
Call (805) 388-1188
  HD 48 Curved Vane Rotor    Diameter: 12.88     Width: 1.25    Rotor Bolt Circle(s):  12 x 8.75 HD 48 Curved Vane Rotor HD-48-Curved-Vane-Rotor-12blt-med.jpg

HD 48 Curved Vane Rotor zoom.png HD-48-Curved-Vane-Rotor-12blt-dw-sm.jpg

HD 48 Curved Vane Rotor Drawing zoom.png

HD 48 Curved Vane Rotor Description

Wilwood's HD 48 Curved Vane Spec-37 rotors are are manufactured from a proprietary iron alloy developed to withstand extreme temperatures with the highest possible degree of resistance against distortion, warping, cracking, and wear. The formulation for this alloy is a derivative of technology and materials that were significant in the development of the extreme duty military spec rotors that are manufactured by Wilwood. Every Spec 37 rotor is precision machined to less than .001" run-out, flatness, and parallelism. Our HD Series preparation includes full detail machining and smooth pad contact faces without slots.

NOTE & CAUTIONS:
     Ordering Information for HD 48 Curved Vane Rotor
  Info Rotor Style Bedded Rotor Type Vane Count Material Lug I.D. Far Side I.D. Price Part No
More Info Purchase   details.png Plain Face N HD 48 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 9.46 $209.93
Call (805) 388-1188
  details.png Plain Face N HD 48 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 9.46 $209.93
Call (805) 388-1188
  SRP Drilled Performance Rotor    Diameter: 12.88     Width: 1.25    Rotor Bolt Circle(s):  12 x 8.75 SRP Drilled Performance Rotor SRP-Drilled-Performance-Rotor-med.jpg

SRP Drilled Performance Rotor zoom.png SRP-Drilled-Performance-Rotor-dw-sm.jpg

SRP Drilled Performance Rotor Drawing zoom.png

SRP Drilled Performance Rotor Description

SRP Drilled Performance Rotors feature a specially engineered directional cross drill and face slot pattern that improve brake response and pad performance throughout the entire range of light to heavy braking. The venting and cleaning action of the holes and slots will reduce pad glaze and disperse gasses and heat generated during the pad to rotor interface. The holes and slots also inhibit irregular pad compound build-up on the rotor faces resulting in smoother engagement and improved pedal response in all conditions. The material removed also contributes to lower rotating and unsprung suspension weight.

NOTE & CAUTIONS:
     Ordering Information for SRP Drilled Performance Rotor
More Info Purchase   details.png SRP Drilled & Slotted N SRP-BLK 48 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 9.46 $269.93
Call (805) 388-1188
  details.png SRP Drilled & Slotted N SRP-BLK 48 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 9.46 $269.93
Call (805) 388-1188
  GT 48 Curved Vane Rotor    Diameter: 13.06     Width: 1.25    Rotor Bolt Circle(s):  12 x 8.75 GT 48 Curved Vane Rotor GT-48-Curved-Vane-Rotor-12blt-med.jpg

GT 48 Curved Vane Rotor zoom.png GT-48-Curved-Vane-Rotor-12blt-dw-sm.jpg

GT 48 Curved Vane Rotor Drawing zoom.png

GT 48 Curved Vane Rotor Description

Wilwood's GT 48 Curved Vane Spec-37 rotors are manufactured from a proprietary iron alloy developed to withstand extreme temperatures with the highest possible degree of resistance against distortion, warping, cracking, and wear. The formulation for this alloy is a derivative of technology and materials that were significant in the development of the extreme duty military spec rotors that are manufactured by Wilwood. Every Spec 37 rotor is precision machined to less than .001" run-out, flatness, and parallelism. Combined with our proven GT Series asymmetrical face slot pattern and individual dynamic balancing, you are assured the smoothest, vibration free performance at any speed. These rotors provide the highest cooling capacity and longest service life for extreme braking short tracks and road course competition.

NOTE & CAUTIONS:
     Ordering Information for GT 48 Curved Vane Rotor
More Info Purchase   details.png GT Slotted N GT 48 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 9.46 $224.93
Call (805) 388-1188
  details.png GT Slotted N GT 48 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 9.46 $224.93
Call (805) 388-1188
  HD 48 Curved Vane Rotor    Diameter: 13.06     Width: 1.25    Rotor Bolt Circle(s):  12 x 8.75 HD 48 Curved Vane Rotor HD-48-Curved-Vane-Rotor-12blt-med.jpg

HD 48 Curved Vane Rotor zoom.png HD-48-Curved-Vane-Rotor-12blt-dw-sm.jpg

HD 48 Curved Vane Rotor Drawing zoom.png

HD 48 Curved Vane Rotor Description

Wilwood's HD 48 Curved Vane Spec-37 rotors are are manufactured from a proprietary iron alloy developed to withstand extreme temperatures with the highest possible degree of resistance against distortion, warping, cracking, and wear. The formulation for this alloy is a derivative of technology and materials that were significant in the development of the extreme duty military spec rotors that are manufactured by Wilwood. Every Spec 37 rotor is precision machined to less than .001" run-out, flatness, and parallelism. Our HD Series preparation includes full detail machining and smooth pad contact faces without slots.

NOTE & CAUTIONS:
     Ordering Information for HD 48 Curved Vane Rotor
More Info Purchase   details.png Plain Face N HD 48 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 9.46 $209.93
Call (805) 388-1188
  details.png Plain Face N HD 48 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 9.46 $209.93
Call (805) 388-1188
  SRP Drilled Performance Rotor    Diameter: 13.06     Width: 1.25    Rotor Bolt Circle(s):  12 x 8.75 SRP Drilled Performance Rotor SRP-Drilled-Performance-Rotor-med.jpg

SRP Drilled Performance Rotors feature a specially engineered directional cross drill and face slot pattern that improve brake response and pad performance throughout the entire range of light to heavy braking. The venting and cleaning action of the holes and slots will reduce pad glaze and disperse gasses and heat generated during the pad to rotor interface. The holes and slots also inhibit irregular pad compound build-up on the rotor faces resulting in smoother engagement and improved pedal response in all conditions. The material removed also contributes to lower rotating and unsprung suspension weight.

NOTE & CAUTIONS:
More Info Purchase   details.png SRP Drilled & Slotted N SRP-BLK 48 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 9.46 $269.93
Call (805) 388-1188
  details.png SRP Drilled & Slotted N SRP-BLK 48 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 9.46 $269.93
Call (805) 388-1188
  GT 72 Curved Vane Rotor    Diameter: 14     Width: 1.25    Rotor Bolt Circle(s):  12 x 8.75 GT 72 Curved Vane Rotor GT-72-Curved-Vane-Rotor-med.jpg

GT 72 Curved Vane Rotor zoom.png GT-72-Curved-Vane-Rotor-dw-sm.jpg

GT 72 Curved Vane Rotor Drawing zoom.png

GT 72 Curved Vane Rotor Description

Wilwood's GT 72 Curved Vane Spec-37 rotors are manufactured from a proprietary iron alloy developed to withstand extreme temperatures with the highest possible degree of resistance against distortion, warping, cracking, and wear. The formulation for this alloy is a derivative of technology and materials that were significant in the development of the extreme duty military spec rotors that are manufactured by Wilwood. Every Spec 37 rotor is precision machined to less than .001" run-out, flatness, and parallelism. Combined with our proven GT Series asymmetrical face slot pattern and individual dynamic balancing, you are assured the smoothest braking available.

NOTE & CAUTIONS:
     Ordering Information for GT 72 Curved Vane Rotor
More Info Purchase   details.png GT Slotted N GT 72 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 10 $284.93
Call (805) 388-1188
  details.png GT Slotted N GT 72 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 10 $284.93
Call (805) 388-1188
  SRP Drilled Performance Rotor    Diameter: 14     Width: 1.25    Rotor Bolt Circle(s):  12 x 8.75 SRP Drilled Performance Rotor SRP-Drilled-Performance-Rotor-med.jpg

NOTE & CAUTIONS:
More Info Purchase   details.png SRP Drilled & Slotted N SRP-BLK 72 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 10 $329.93
Call (805) 388-1188
  details.png SRP Drilled & Slotted N SRP-BLK 72 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 10 $329.93
Call (805) 388-1188
  GT 72 Curved Vane Rotor    Diameter: 14.25     Width: 1.25    Rotor Bolt Circle(s):  12 x 8.75 GT 72 Curved Vane Rotor GT-72-Curved-Vane-Rotor-med.jpg

GT 72 Curved Vane Rotor zoom.png GT-72-Curved-Vane-Rotor-dw-sm.jpg

GT 72 Curved Vane Rotor Drawing zoom.png

GT 72 Curved Vane Rotor Description

Wilwood's GT 72 Curved Vane Spec-37 rotors are manufactured from a proprietary iron alloy developed to withstand extreme temperatures with the highest possible degree of resistance against distortion, warping, cracking, and wear. The formulation for this alloy is a derivative of technology and materials that were significant in the development of the extreme duty military spec rotors that are manufactured by Wilwood. Every Spec 37 rotor is precision machined to less than .001" run-out, flatness, and parallelism. Combined with our proven GT Series asymmetrical face slot pattern and individual dynamic balancing, you are assured the smoothest braking available.

NOTE & CAUTIONS:
     Ordering Information for GT 72 Curved Vane Rotor
More Info Purchase   details.png GT Slotted N GT 72 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 10 $291.54
Call (805) 388-1188
  details.png GT Slotted N GT 72 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 10 $291.54
Call (805) 388-1188
  SRP Drilled Performance Rotor    Diameter: 14.25     Width: 1.25    Rotor Bolt Circle(s):  12 x 8.75 SRP Drilled Performance Rotor SRP-Drilled-Performance-Rotor-med.jpg

NOTE & CAUTIONS:
More Info Purchase   details.png SRP Drilled & Slotted N SRP-BLK 72 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 10 $359.04
Call (805) 388-1188
  details.png SRP Drilled & Slotted N SRP-BLK 72 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 10 $359.04
Call (805) 388-1188
  GT 60 Curved Vane Rotor    Diameter: 15     Width: 1.25    Rotor Bolt Circle(s):  12 x 8.75 GT 60 Curved Vane Rotor GT-60-Curved-Vane-Rotor-med.jpg

GT 60 Curved Vane Rotor zoom.png GT-60-Curved-Vane-Rotor-dw-sm.jpg

GT 60 Curved Vane Rotor Drawing zoom.png

GT 60 Curved Vane Rotor Description

Wilwood's GT 60 Curved Vane Spec-37 rotors are manufactured from a proprietary iron alloy developed to withstand extreme temperatures with the highest possible degree of resistance against distortion, warping, cracking, and wear. The formulation for this alloy is a derivative of technology and materials that were significant in the development of the extreme duty military spec rotors that are manufactured by Wilwood. Every Spec 37 rotor is precision machined to less than .001" run-out, flatness, and parallelism. Combined with our proven GT Series asymmetrical face slot pattern and individual dynamic balancing, you are assured the smoothest, vibration free performance at any speed. These rotors provide the highest cooling capacity and longest service life for extreme braking short tracks and road course competition.

NOTE & CAUTIONS:
     Ordering Information for GT 60 Curved Vane Rotor
More Info Purchase   details.png GT Slotted N GT 60 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 10.67 $308.94
Call (805) 388-1188
  details.png GT Slotted N GT 60 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 10.67 $308.94
Call (805) 388-1188
  SRP Drilled Performance Rotor    Diameter: 15     Width: 1.25    Rotor Bolt Circle(s):  12 x 8.75 SRP Drilled Performance Rotor SRP-Drilled-Performance-Rotor-med.jpg

NOTE & CAUTIONS:
More Info Purchase   details.png SRP Drilled & Slotted N SRP-BLK 60 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 10.67 $368.94
Call (805) 388-1188
  details.png SRP Drilled & Slotted N SRP-BLK 60 CV Spec-37 Iron 8.25 10.67 $368.94
Call (805) 388-1188
Edited by Mikelly

No can do. I'm using hubs based off the 300ZXt and have moved the rotor and therefore the caliper outward to fill the void created by using the 350Z wheels and their +33 offset. The hats are for a 55-57 Chevy and work fine lol