HybridZ

Mike Kelly's Zcar Project

Mike, it was great to finally meet you in person and put a face to the name-love your mad z! Think we first met here on hbz about 10 years ago when you were running zf racing parts [which are holding up nicely on my z]. I have some pics I'll post in the coming week-got some of NIgel's 204zt on the track and some of the cars downtown. Overall I had a great time.

Mike, think I'll start a new thread for the wgi vintage weekend-thoughts?

David, good idea, and was great meeting you and others as well... I was so busy with so many different people, trying to keep everyone happy and still meet those I wanted to was tough... I did manage to get Bob Sharp to sign some art work for me!!

Mike

ZGAD, Sure thing man! I still have "car guy" cook-outs every year with pretty decent turn-outs from time to time...Not sure how far you are from me, though! Gettysburg is about 2.5 hours on average!

Mike

Great read Mike, Happy to see you are finally getting to enjoy the fruits of your labor...

Now that I am in the northeast, I'll have to try to catch up with you all some time,

Mike :rolleyes:

Ordered a new waterpump, a new breather/tank combo for the valve cover, and a rebuild kit for the mallory fuel pressure regulator. I also bought some header wrap for the downpipes on the exhaust, wrapped them, and sorted the alternator solenoid wiring.

I'm really not happy with the carb/fuel pressure setup. DOn't know how a brand new setup like that just "stops" managing pressure... But then again, I've been here before... Oh well...It came back and made pressure yesterday, and today it's back to not managing pressure off throttle.

Mike

So I was wondering what CCWs would look like on my car, and since I still have Jim's red Zcar at my place...

b0490308.jpg

3a463aab.jpg

74a1be9b.jpg

For some reason Jim decided he needed to run the same tire size as his C5Z06 had, and bought 17X9 fronts and 18X11 rears. He also had them offset in the rear so wide that I bet there's nearly and inch clearance at the rear strut housing... So if I order a set (and I likely will because these are gorgious on my car) they'll be 18s, probably with black centers.

Mike

Thanks guys! My concern is that the polished finish would be a nightmare to keep clean with race pads... It would drive me nuts...

I'm actually thinking about going with this wheel instead:

http://www.ccwheel.com/wheelprofiles-display.php?id=LM5

Simplicity in design and keeping it clean is the goal...

Mike