HybridZ
Mikelly

Mike Kelly's Zcar Project

Journey slowly beginning to come to an end... I am starting to amass the data, software and build records for the buyer, a member of hybridz. I am glad it's going to a good home far away from my zipcode so I don't have to see her with another guy.

Mike

Mike,

I know its been an awfully rough project for you, but I must admit, it has been a real pleasure for me to follow along the ride. Thank you for sharing your experience and taking us along for the ups and downs of a challenging project.

-Mike

Edited by LLave

Last of the parts are loaded into the car and the car is ready for transport pickup. 

I fell in love with Datsun Zs when I was 16 years old.  I saw my first on at a car dealership in the town I grew up in.  It was a 72 orange in color, black interior.  And I couldn't afford the insurance, so I bought a 1973 Celica instead.  Over the years my love of these cars went from stock to mild to wild transitions and those transitions took me further and further away from the roots, the true purpose of the original Datsun S30 platform.  The reason I fell in love with the car in the first place.  It was simplistic in nature and so much fun to drive, so lively to enjoy as it was, in stock trim.  Over the years I deviated from what was to what might be, and that journey took me far and away from the simple and wonderfully reliable nature of the car. 

I started with HybridZ in 1998 as one of the founding members.  I've had Datsun Zcars in my life since 1987 (22 of them).  Both have been like family to me, good and bad at times.  Roller coaster of a ride the whole of the time I was in this community.  This will be my final post here in this build thread.  It's been fun.  But I have to be honest.  This place isn't the same since John Coffey's passing.  I was going through some of my old notes from him on suspension setups and what he recommended, and the gravity of his loss really hit me.  I've come full circle on the Zcar, just shy of 30 years ownership of atleast one Zcar constantly, sometimes 2 or 3.  Hopefully the new owner can carry Sasha across the finish line.

See you all around the interwebs.